Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    I lost my AccuWeather widget that was with the Live Wallpaper that came with my phone after the update. Does anyone know how to restore it? The one in the play store is much more inferior.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Quote Originally Posted by silverchex View Post
    I lost my AccuWeather widget that was with the Live Wallpaper that came with my phone after the update. Does anyone know how to restore it? The one in the play store is much more inferior.
    Motorola's Release Notes for Razr/Razr Maxx for JB: ... they removed a number of apps including that. They say Google Now is where you get your weather. Personally, I prefer Beautiful Widgets, which does use AccuWeather... it does cost a few dollars, but I like it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update-screenshot_2013-03-22-13-13-28.png  
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Thanks for your reply! Bummer that they removed that widget. I really loved it. It was animated and would change with the weather

    Thanks for the tip on the weather widget you're using. I will check it out.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    So many good weather widgets out there. Besides the usual suspects like The Weather Channel and Weatherbug, also check out
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    1Weather and a few hundred others... I've used Weatherbug, 1Weather, and Beautiful Widgets in the past few years, and always go back to Beautiful Widgets... you can find a LOT of weather widgets/app by just starting the Play Store and put in: accuweather
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    That's what happened to the weather icon on my phone after I updated this morning. I noticed all my sticky notes were gone too, and they aren't listed in the widgets section any longer. Do you know if they removed this also? I really needed some of the information I had on those!
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Quote Originally Posted by kitty step View Post
    That's what happened to the weather icon on my phone after I updated this morning. I noticed all my sticky notes were gone too, and they aren't listed in the widgets section any longer. Do you know if they removed this also? I really needed some of the information I had on those!
    Sorry that you lost your sticky notes data and weather widget. It's always good to get as much info about an OS update *in advance* but sometimes stuff sneaks up on us.

    Here's a change log about the Tazr/Maxx JB upgrade:

  8. #8  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Sticky Notes widget was removed as part of the update, which was mentioned in the changelog. Unfortunately, if you didn't save the info from your Sticky Notes somewhere else, I'm afraid it's gone. That's why I never used that widget--no way to sync with the cloud nor backup to a desktop.

    Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Everybody should be reading the link in Post #2... here is quote:

    Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Motorola's Release Notes for Razr/Razr Maxx for JB: ... they removed a number of apps including that. They say Google Now is where you get your weather. Personally, I prefer Beautiful Widgets, which does use AccuWeather... it does cost a few dollars, but I like it.
    Current: HTC One (M8), Pebble, Chromecast
    Retired Device (in order): Samsung Galaxy S4, Droid Razr Maxx, HTC Thunderbolt, HTC myTouch 4G, Blackberry's Bold, 8900 (Curve)
    Flames Wallpaper
    Jerry: "Love, Peace, and Chicken Grease!!!"
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    I am really mad as well - I loved that weather widget - it was always there - no need to click anything. It changed locations to where you were without you having to do anything. And now there is a great big gap across the home screen - HATE IT!! I must have tried every other one but nothing compares to that one.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Quote Originally Posted by gillian08 View Post
    You should be able to bring it back. Just go to settings and bring it back.
    No, you can't bring it back. As mentioned previously, that weather widget was eliminated with the JB update.

    Posted via Android Central App
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgolden76 View Post
    you can simply bring it back by drag it to home page. If it is not in the application list, then you can install it.
    The widget in question during this discussion is the stock Weather widget that came preinstalled on Ice Cream Sandwich, which was subsequently removed when Jellybean updated. You're correct in that you can install the standalone Accuweather app along with its widget from Google Play, but you can't bring back the original preinstalled weather widget.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    I agree. The widget was awesome. I have tried a few of suggested ones. None compare.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Yup... I too miss that lock screen! In general... this update is not what I would consider an improvement. My phone now looks like it was designed for a fifth grade student. I had been very impressed with my HTC, it was a big decision to go HTC over the Samsung. But I WAS glad I went with the HTC... unfortunately, this is probably my tipping point. If this is the direction HTC is going, Samsung here I come. In the meantime... time to find a new screen lock that doesn't offend my intelligence first thing every morning.
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Lost my AccuWeather Widget after the Update

    Quote Originally Posted by savegreys View Post
    Yup... I too miss that lock screen! In general... this update is not what I would consider an improvement. My phone now looks like it was designed for a fifth grade student. I had been very impressed with my HTC, it was a big decision to go HTC over the Samsung. But I WAS glad I went with the HTC... unfortunately, this is probably my tipping point. If this is the direction HTC is going, Samsung here I come. In the meantime... time to find a new screen lock that doesn't offend my intelligence first thing every morning.
    Welcome to Android Central! We're talking about the Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx here. Are you talking about an HTC phone?

Similar Threads

  1. Lost photo frame widget after touchwiz update?
    By cardman827 in forum Samsung Galaxy Tab 10-inch
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2011, 06:26 PM
  2. How's your GPS after the update?
    By Phil Nickinson in forum AT&T Captivate
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 10-11-2010, 04:39 PM
  3. Two issues I am noticing after the update
    By kj11aw in forum Motorola Droid X
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2010, 12:48 PM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-03-2010, 10:50 PM
  5. Why is my EVO not seeing the update?
    By clavodulce16 in forum HTC EVO 4G
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-01-2010, 10:18 PM

Posting Permissions

B