Verizon Razr Maxx Jelly Bean AutoUpdate Nag Screen

dudeluv69

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Greetz,
I rooted my phone a couple of months ago and while I was at it I installed the "Blue Version" of JellyBean on my phone.Well,Verizon just released the "official" JellyBean update and I keep getting the frickin nag screen constantly to update to it.I cant cause I already have it installed.A get the droid dude with a red X in his chest.Question is how to get rid of update nag screen.Or is there away around it to install it ??

Thz,
TheDude

dudeluv69

Dec 25, 2012
Visit site
Thz for link ,helped out alot but when i DL'ed the file and applied it I got "apply patch check ("system/app/books.apk", hash values Installation aborted".Now what ??

TheDude

fatboy97

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
Thz for link ,helped out alot but when i DL'ed the file and applied it I got "apply patch check ("system/app/books.apk", hash values Installation aborted".Now what ??

TheDude

Go to the DroidRzr forum, which is link at the bottom of the Droid-Life article... never trust an article posted from some other source. Here is the link: Soak Test Starting-With Download Files - DroidRzr.com

In Post #2 it has something called a MD5 Sum code... you should always check the MD5 Sum code of the file you download before you attempt to install it. This will verify that the file is complete and it is not corrupt or changed. You can use a Windows program to WinMD5Sum that will check that code.

More than likely you might need to download that file again, but I'd use the link on DroidRzr's website.