Should I upgrade to JellyBean if I'm only using phone for music player?

Casey Cheung

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx phone which I don't use anymore as my primary phone. I now use my Razr Maxx phone simply as a music player streaming MP3 files to a Bluetooth enabled speaker in my recreational vehicle for camping trips. The phone is not connected to any cellular network, although I sometimes use my Samsung Note 2 phone to wirelessly provide wifi access to my Razr Maxx via FoxFi or PdaNet. My music app of choice is WinAmp because I have my MP3 files categorized into certain folders.

I also sometimes use my Razr Maxx to download movies and TV shows via the TV Portal app that was recently yanked from the Google Play store. I then connect an HDMI cord from the Razr Maxx phone to a large screen TV at home to watch the downloaded shows. The HDMI outlet on the Razr Maxx phone is one of the BEST features this phone offers!

The question is this: Should I even bother to upgrade given the limited applications for what I'm using this phone for? I'm getting highly nervous after reading about everyone's various problems due to the upgrade. I'm afraid the upgrade might screw up my settings or I might lose whatever functions I currently have.

Thanks, Casey

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I have a Razr Maxx phone which I don't use anymore as my primary phone. I now use my Razr Maxx phone simply as a music player streaming MP3 files to a Bluetooth enabled speaker in my recreational vehicle for camping trips. The phone is not connected to any cellular network, although I sometimes use my Samsung Note 2 phone to wirelessly provide wifi access to my Razr Maxx via FoxFi or PdaNet. My music app of choice is WinAmp because I have my MP3 files categorized into certain folders.

I also sometimes use my Razr Maxx to download movies and TV shows via the TV Portal app that was recently yanked from the Google Play store. I then connect an HDMI cord from the Razr Maxx phone to a large screen TV at home to watch the downloaded shows. The HDMI outlet on the Razr Maxx phone is one of the BEST features this phone offers!

The question is this: Should I even bother to upgrade given the limited applications for what I'm using this phone for? I'm getting highly nervous after reading about everyone's various problems due to the upgrade. I'm afraid the upgrade might screw up my settings or I might lose whatever functions I currently have.

Thanks, Casey

In your situation... I would say don't worry about the update.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar