Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Beeping in ear during phone calls after JB update.

Since the phone updated to Jellybean I have noticed little tones in my ear during phone calls as if the phone is alerting me to a new notification but when I check the notification bar there is nothing new in it. For a while I thought it was a new email as I get quite a bit of email throughout the day and the email notification icon is almost always present. But several times there has been nothing at all in the notification tray after hearing a small “boop” in a phone call. Anyone else experiencing this?

Default Re: Beeping in ear during phone calls after JB update.

It's not call waiting, right?

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    663 Global Posts
    ROM
    Cyanogen 6.1

I experience it sometimes when I hit dial and bring the phone to my ear, then the phone makes a little beep. It shouldn't be call waiting because there is no one waiting. I'm thinking it is just a notification for something that came up as the call was being made.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Mine has been doing the same thing for the past year and I'm still rockin GB. So not sure it's a JB thing or a moto thing. Guess I've gotten used to it after this long. Used to think it was emails.
    Jimbo
    Thanked by:

GB lol why are you holding on to GB!

Quote Originally Posted by MAXXTX View Post
    GB lol why are you holding on to GB!
    Apologies for going off topic but,,,
    Hey whatever works for ya and this is working for me. Being rooted GB is a whole different experience and one of the most solid OS's I've found. I tried JB several times and it, and I, could just never mesh that well. My Maxx is absolutely perfect as it is and I have no desire to mess with perfection. Enjoy your JB and to each their own.
    Jimbo

Fair enough! ICS was great on this phone, never got to experience the GB but my GB experience was on a Galaxy S and Thunderbolt. Only the Galaxy S was on par with stability. ICS was great but JB was far more better for me on this maxx! love it till I upgrade to the S4 hope it doesnt dissapoint. At least its not Froyo. Thats like still rockin the Pager
    Thanked by:

Yes i have samsung s4, for first samsung phone after defecting from iphone. Same issue an intermittent blip blip blip. For no reason. As if something is being monitored. People can also hear it during a call and asked me if I am recording the call Vodaphone shop did not have answer and suggested I go to big store at Bluewater to see if technicians know anything.

I have the same on my new Galaxy S4. Driving me crazy so I did some exploring. Go to settings/my device/ and scroll down to "call". Then "call alerts". Under "Call status tones" you will find all 3 culprits like "call connect tone", "Minute minder", and "Call end tone". De-select them and you're all set.
    Thanked by 2:

Hi guys,
    Did you'll ever find a solution for this issue? Am facing the same problem on my HTC One. It's a short static blip..similar to the sound you hear in your ears when you swallow...or like a notification has been received...have factory reset but no difference.

Wonder if it could be the Roaming notification?

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Thompson View Post
    I have the same on my new Galaxy S4. Driving me crazy so I did some exploring. Go to settings/my device/ and scroll down to "call". Then "call alerts". Under "Call status tones" you will find all 3 culprits like "call connect tone", "Minute minder", and "Call end tone". De-select them and you're all set.

Quote Originally Posted by Denny Thompson View Post
    Thank u soo much! The beeping was driving me insane and this Fixed it. You're a genius