Things I HATE about my phone

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I thought I got away from the long pauses, crashes, freezes, and the need to restart the damned phone once an hour when I left Blackberry. Nope, this phone is constantly hanging and I can't get a damned thing to respond. I can even pick it up off the charger after laying idle for hours and it's slow and freezing.

The Chrome browser. I love the integration with bookmarks and open pages with my computer, but how hard can it really be to just let me put the damned cursor where I want it by tapping on text to edit? Why does the ******* cursor automatically jump to a different location in scrolled text? Who the **** would ever want that? Idiots. If I click on a specific place in a body if text, then that's exactly where I want the ******* cursor. Get it? That was one of the most frustrating things about Blackberry web browsing and now Chrome does the same thing. I just spent 45 minutes trying to get a cursor where I needed it on a web page to edit a post I made on a forum. I was close to chucking my phone against a wall. If Android can't do better than this, my next phone will be an iPhone.

Typing sucks. I'm constantly getting the wrong letters. I don't know what it is about iPhone, but that never happens for me; my typing on one is always accurate. Is there a way to make the Android keyboard letters wider?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Another Chrome rant, forum post text size. One post is large text and the very next is so tiny you cannot read it. On a computer the posts all show the same size text. WTF is up with that? Random text sizes? Get your **** together, Google. Your Chrome browser sucks.

Facebook app. It's a total crapshoot whether you will actually get any images to display. This app has been total garbage forever.

joelvin

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the cache or disabling the double tap home key-press in the accessibility menu. That seemed to have sped up the home button response times for me. Disable the Chrome browser and use the "regular" one from motorola, I find that even though it isn't as feature filled, it gets the job done.

For your typing problem, try downloading swiftkey, it has tons of customization options and you can even make the keys bigger!

Facebook isn't the phones problem, it's facebooks problem.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
For selecting text you tap once then on the second tap hold. That will select the text you are over and then you can move the beginning and end parts to select more if you want. Works everytime for me. Try another keyboard. There are many to select from in play store.

I can't disagree on the pics on Facebook, but I get that on my laptop too regardless of browser type.

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
On the first tap, Chrome moves the cursor up a couple paragraphs from where I tap, every time. I never get a chance to tap twice. Why not just leave the cursor where I tap? It goes up so far I have to scroll back down and try again. After 45 minutes I got the POS to stay where I needed it. This can't be difficult to program. It's as if it were purposely made to be a pain in the ***. I don't have the problem anywhere outside Chrome.

Sandman333

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Tried swift key. Hated it. I've got fat fingers I guess. Need wider "keys".

Have done the data cache wipe, no help. Done a factory reset, no help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to hear about your problems. Although Chrome works pretty well on tablets, I find it to be clunky and slow on my Maxx, and it might actually contribute to some of the general bogginess of your performance. I find the stock Android Browser to be just as good as Chrome, and much quicker and smoother. It syncs bookmarks with desktop Chrome, and has the advantage of the Quick Menu under its Labs settings. The only problem after the JB update is that when typing into text boxes using the Browser, it wants to capitalize every word, and auto-space doesn't work. You can get around this by turning off Auto-Cap and just doing it yourself. I've completely disabled Chrome.

Regarding the general system slowness, here are some things that could be contributing:
1. Antivirus/security software
2. Live wallpaper
3. Google Currents
4. Apps that frequently refresh data over the web
5. An out-of-date Amazon Appstore
6. The Motorola Dock software, which can remain active after you've disconnected the phone from the dock or an HDMI connection.

MrHost

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I'm not understanding why your taps don't register. Goto settings , developer options. Enable developer options then place a check next to show touches.

The screen lights up to show you were they are registering. Try it out in a few apps, including chrome of course.

See what the results are, post back

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae