Casual signal drop on Droid RAZR MAXX

You encounter?

• Total voters

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I realized that sometimes the phone is not able to receive calls. To make sure I tried calling my phone with another phone and at the same time was looking at the screen, suddenly saw that the signal bar dropped down to ZERO so it didn't even ring. (FYI I'm on a GSM carrier)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That's is what I described in your previous post here: http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?p=2768182
"Cell standby" is draining the battery (51%)

That also explains why you've been having battery drain--your phone's reception isn't very good in some of the areas that you frequent, so the phone is expending battery power trying to find a signal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Now on the phone I see "time without a signal: 0% unlike before. I had constant great signal strength on my Samsung focus s and HTC touch HD that's why I persist on having good signal strength. Anyway I want to know how many people have this issue with their droid RAZR maxx.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are your other phones on the same GSM network and provider? If they are, and have normal reception in places where your Maxx doesn't, I'd agree that there's a problem with your Maxx--probably with its antenna or its SIM card.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

backslashV

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Yup, but my RAZR maxx is brand new. think it's android 4.1.2 problem. You know it has caused lots of issues on the RAZR maxx.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995