Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid Razr Maxx - Google Play Store & GMail issues_Jellybean Update cause

Hi,
    I got the Motorola Razr Maxx in February. It worked great for a while. Then a couple months ago, I noticed I was getting a security error with my Google account. This happened after the Jellybean update. Now, I can't get into the Google Play Store to buy new apps and I also can't get open Gmail. When I click on the Play Store app, nothing happens and when I try Gmail, it acts like it's going to start to open, then the app closes. I took the phone to a Verizon store and they tried the soft reset, but that didn't resolve the issue. They suggested doing a hard reset. I've already backed up all my photos and music. My question is: Will I lose all my contact information (people's phone numbers, and email addresses). I've tried to back up the contact info, but can't seem to find where to do that. Could someone please let me know if I will or won't lose my contacts? If so, how can I back up this info?

Thanks!

Global Posts
    6,741 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Droid Razr Maxx - Google Play Store & GMail issues_Jellybean Update cause

Quote Originally Posted by jennd1 View Post
    Hi,
    I got the Motorola Razr Maxx in February. It worked great for a while. Then a couple months ago, I noticed I was getting a security error with my Google account. This happened after the Jellybean update. Now, I can't get into the Google Play Store to buy new apps and I also can't get open Gmail. When I click on the Play Store app, nothing happens and when I try Gmail, it acts like it's going to start to open, then the app closes. I took the phone to a Verizon store and they tried the soft reset, but that didn't resolve the issue. They suggested doing a hard reset. I've already backed up all my photos and music. My question is: Will I lose all my contact information (people's phone numbers, and email addresses). I've tried to back up the contact info, but can't seem to find where to do that. Could someone please let me know if I will or won't lose my contacts? If so, how can I back up this info?

Thanks!
    Verizon has an app to sync contacts, etc. If that doesn't work out I think it can be done in or as a download to a PC.

Backup Assistant℠ Plus Sync FAQs | Verizon Wireless

You can also check your contacts on a PC through gmail:
    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?tab=8m#contacts

If they're correct there, you're good to go.

Default Re: Droid Razr Maxx - Google Play Store & GMail issues_Jellybean Update cause

Quote Originally Posted by jennd1 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks!
    If you signed up for a Google Acount the issues your experiencing shouldn't even be a problem. The Accounts Manager and the Sync program on the phone keeps track of each of these issues. If you haven't signed up with your gmail account for awhile, this too will cause these type issues. Your contacts are Automatically saved in gmail online account and you use the online gmail account to organize and manage your contacts, including backup. Hope this helps ...
    Last edited by Ssands1; 06-10-2013 at 12:56 PM. Reason: mis-spelling