Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Default Re: androidsecurityfree annoying pop up

I don't think it's a app I haven't Downloaded anything in a long time unless something updated

I made a list, but for some reason it's not posting. Anyways, the only thing I
    have on that list is Pandora, instagram, Netflix and lookout

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mommarockstar View Post
    This has started happening to me all day today as well and I cannot get it to stop. It does not matter if I have any apps open or not. It just all the sudden shows up outta nowhere. I have attached a screenshot to this post. Any ideas how to make it stop???
    Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    That's it, I can't make it stop.
    No other apps are open and I haven't loaded anything recently.
    Try using Lookout Ad Network Detector, its a separate app
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

I just uninstalled pandora and netflix, since those were programs that the two and I had in common, problem fixed.

Uninstall NETFLIX and PANDORA! Done

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

Quote Originally Posted by mommarockstar View Post
    This has started happening to me all day today as well and I cannot get it to stop. It does not matter if I have any apps open or not. It just all the sudden shows up outta nowhere. I have attached a screenshot to this post. Any ideas how to make it stop???
    Quote Originally Posted by leesrt View Post
    That's it, I can't make it stop.
    No other apps are open and I haven't loaded anything recently.
    Quote Originally Posted by nlockman8 View Post
    I just uninstalled pandora and netflix, since those were programs that the two and I had in common, problem fixed.

Uninstall NETFLIX and PANDORA! Done
    Great now maybe someone can uninstall just Pandora and see if the problem goes away and if it does not move onto Netflix. This way perhaps we can find the culprit
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Do any of you guys have dolphin browser??? I removed it and got a weird message while uninstalling it...... after that i havn't had the url pop up. hope it helps.

I don't but now I'm getting some other weird pop up site -_- not as frequently tho

It was indeed pandora I downloaded it from a third party. ... as soon as I removed it all these annoying pop ups went away :-)

now its another weird pop up but now i get a 404 error and sometimes an ad for loans........ HELP! and i dont have pandora.

Global Posts
    647 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Always download from trusted sources like Amazon or Google Play Store.. Other sources may bundle other crap into the installer, you never know.

I am getting a popup scan for virus & spyware in my browser in samsung phone today. Is that a virus in my phone or its a security issue. It was comming on the inbuilt internet browser of the phone. I Reset the phone, now its not coming. But what was the reason I don't know. If anyone knows than please let me know.... Thanks

Can you please tell me why that popup comes in android phone thanks

Anyone know how to stop it :n(

Please help me, I keep getting the pop ups every 30 seconds or so. I have run scans, restarted my phone, and nothing has helped. This happened before and by the next day the pop up stopped coming, but it has started up again. Anyone have a suggestion?

ROM
    Gingerbread

Look at details of questionable apps. Downloaded/installed/updated within the 24hrs before it happened.

No virus app will pickup the app as a virus because it is within the access granted.

If you have battery pro like one person mentioned it should show up on the battery drain apps list.

You should be able to find it under the battery feed possibly too.

Posted via Android Central App

had the issue once before on my wifes ( stock S2 with 4.1.2 Tmo) phone and used lookout ad network detector to find draw free was causing the issue.
    I started getting this same pop up yesterday on my S2 that is rooted and ROM'd with Embryo 6.11

here is the full link:
    bunged the http with spaces...
    h t t p://www.androidsecurityfree.org/v3ed/index.html?version=locked-suite&wwd=2&page=aa.lbi.special.v3ed&split=aa.us.0 7122013.v3eb.14b&ccrule=1e9f7fdf.c&offer=aa.us.071 22013&product=anti-virus&partner=nb&country=us&language=en&pool=aa.07 122013.new&pop=0&affid=184772&subid=o&subid2=OjU6N Dg6MTY6MrVsQZ9_8Q747KBLioj3L3xZ6h8DKwK7ynFmuh2dyik mmROoSKAwVASq7qFPVjjKzyZjABQjt8xMl_PIgCuG2w&shortc ut=aausnb&ipcc=us&iprc=az&xsid=SNRklknndU-l7yBteLRQ0w&ccconfigid=95ea3421.799

ran ad network detector and it hit on superbackup, removed ,problem persisted, also
    ran Addons Detector, Airpush Detector, and Notification History .
    none of these find anything.

THOUGHT it was the stock browser so i deleted it and installed Chrome, which seemed to alleviate it, then an hour later it popped up in chrome.
    lookout cant find anything.

any thoughts?

ROM
    Gingerbread

Do you have pop ups turned off?

Posted via Android Central App

not that i was a ware of.
    following the popup fiasco, my phone experienced the "talkback" bug whein "talkback" was activated even though it was off and it got progressively worse and worse to the point hat i couldn't use it.
    I wiped it and reinstalled a new ROM.
    if the pop up returns ill post back.

ok...something is up for sure. I wiped my phone and reflashed a stock ROM that was debloated and deodexed etc.
    Its been working fine for days suddenly today the same popup appeared, this time its green.
    WHAT is going on, i havent installed anything...
    EXCEPT swiftkey 3
    uninstalled and watching, no popups so far..
    Last edited by UbinTook; 07-22-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Had this on my kids Kindle Fire.. same problem as everyone else. first www.fbsvu.com opens in a tab then redirected to the www.androidsecurityfree.org.

Tried Airpush - nothing found. Tried WebrootSecureAnywhere Mobile that found an app called "Earn to Die" - Deleted App. problem persists. Going to try and delete Pandora and any other app that the others mentioned.

Will repost results later

It keeps popping up every 5 seconds and interrupts whatever app I'm currently using. I've tried every suggested AD scanner app, restarted phone, deleted updates and no results. When I thought it was gone, It would come back.

I've deleted almost every app on my phone.

smh....

Tried deleting about 10 apps and kept happening.. - Found INSTAGRAM on his kindle... DELETED it from device and Cloud... NO MORE PROBLEMS SO FAR. will repost if it comes back

Thumbs up Re: androidsecurityfree annoying pop up

I had been getting the annoying popup as well. I had downloaded Pandora from a third party ... removed it, and no further problems YET.

Below is the link to what comes up when you do a Whois search for the domain. Lots of hidden information, which just smacks of a malware author.

AndroidSecurityFree.org - Android Security Free
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast