androidsecurityfree annoying pop up

Nyphrodel

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I did download from a trusted source: Google Play Store and in my case the app was "Music Folder Player Free" by Zorillasoft and that ANNOYING pop up crap showed up immediately! In my case, at first I panicked because I've never had anything even remotely similar to this happen to me before on my tablet. So at first I touched the "scan and remove virus" button and it redirected me by opening my browser and taking me to androidsecurityfree.org and then it proceeded to download something without my approval, then it instructed me to "install to scan and remove" or my tablet would stay infected. So I uninstalled the app pronto! And not with "androidsecurityfree" I might add. Believe me, I sent an email to Google and to Zorillasoft to complain just as quickly. This is absurd. Don't people have better things to do than create these little bs scams to make a few bucks? Get a real job instead of sitting on the damn computer all day hacking into other peoples lives and trying to figure out a way to rip off anybody and everybody they can? I am so sick of this kind of stuff, it takes all the fun out of surfing the net anymore =(

zorillasoft

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I'm the developer of Music Folder Player.
I have no idea what happened to Nyphrodel but I know for sure that my app does not contain any malware or anything similar.
At least if you download the app from a secure source you can use it without risk.

My app shows ad banners from Admob (Google), Inmobi and Millennial Media. That are well known and trusted companies. As far as I can tell, these companies do no show banners for suspicious scareware. Of course I can't guarantee that the quality control of these companies always works 100% perfectly.* At least this is the first time a user reports that a device shows this behavior.

I develop this player in my spare time and hate spam and crapware just like anyone else. I have a full time job and do not depend on any income from my hobby project. Of course I will never do anything which will be a risk for the good reputation of my app.

Best regards
Zorillasoft

R Naismith

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Just wanted to add that I only get this annoying scareware popup when I use the Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus downloaded from Google play. I think it is somehow linked in with mobisystems.com

R Naismith

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I just spoke with a tec @ mobisystems and he told me that this undetectable scareware is downloaded unknowingly by the user when a hacker redirects a website the user is browsing then covers his or her tracks. The only way to remove it is to save your information then reset or replace your phone. The newer operating systems are less vulnerable.

Loic Joachim

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

So I have figured out a way to detect where it is coming from. It's not easy but it works.

You need to have the android SDK and Eclipse installed on your computer. Once you have installed the necessary drivers for your device what you must do is open the Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) in Eclipse and make sure you can see the different logs come up on your computer from your phone. Next time you get the pop up that takes up your whole screen connect your device and close the page. All you have to do is look through the logs until you find an action that is closing something. Look at what app that action came from and you have your culprit.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it is a complicated process so you should probably just google how to debug on android and that will give you the instructions on how to set everything up.

FYI for me the culprit was Night Vision Spy Camera "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sergiobarbara.nightvision.camera". It has been two days and nothing has occurred. If I'm wrong I'll let you know.

Lo?c

Daria Frendo

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue with the advert appearing ever 5 minutes!! I Removed the effects Camera app downloaded from google play. Comix or Cartoon Camera it Was called... its icon is also very similar to the instagram icon. Removed that and no more apps. Done!

Hi all,

So I have figured out a way to detect where it is coming from. It's not easy but it works.

You need to have the android SDK and Eclipse installed on your computer. Once you have installed the necessary drivers for your device what you must do is open the Dalvik Debug Monitor Server (DDMS) in Eclipse and make sure you can see the different logs come up on your computer from your phone. Next time you get the pop up that takes up your whole screen connect your device and close the page. All you have to do is look through the logs until you find an action that is closing something. Look at what app that action came from and you have your culprit.

Sorry I can't be more specific but it is a complicated process so you should probably just google how to debug on android and that will give you the instructions on how to set everything up.

FYI for me the culprit was Night Vision Spy Camera "https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sergiobarbara.nightvision.camera". It has been two days and nothing has occurred. If I'm wrong I'll let you know.

Lo?c

UKunicornLair

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to add that I only get this annoying scareware popup when I use the Advanced English Dictionary & Thesaurus downloaded from Google play. I think it is somehow linked in with mobisystems.com

It's not a website prob. I also know it's not an app prob, game prob, etc. because I've never downloaded any apps, outside of those needed to run properly, in 13 months (my old phone turned me off apps!), except Kindle books. Last dl book long before this popup prob began.

The only things I've downloaded since popups began are a pics from sites, such as CNN, Gawker, etc- whatever trusted site I happen to be on & see a pic I want to save.

Only dl pics from trusted site since popups began. Malware. I hate the idea of dl an app to get rid of this!

Any suggestions anyone?

JJBoxer

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
Ok I don;t know if this will work on any other phone, but I have an Galaxy Note II, and I was getting annoying ads too, I went to install airpush on my phone, and it told me that I didn't need it, because I have a great phone, (first time I seen a phone do that), but it told me to go to the notifacation area where the ads pop up at, then it said put my finger on the Ad and hold it for a few seconds and it would tell me what app sent the ad, and it did, I had the bar code scanner on my phone it took me to that app, so I deleted it, and so far no ads are popping up yet, but I will repeat it again as soon as other ads come.

Dre322

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I hope this solved the problem. I am waiting for the pop up to rear its ugly head again. I never downloaded from another site other hand play store. I hope this is the last time I tell you guys about this. Ill keep you posted.

Posted via Android Central App

awriternot

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I have found that airpush detector doesn't always catch things. I would download a few others in the play store & run them too. If none work, then you'll know for sure it's not spam from a random app. Honestly, I've quit even using airpush detector. The last few times I've used it, it didn't pick it up. I hate when apps put those pop us in. Hope that's what it is!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

punitanasazi

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Form what i gather doing a bit of research around the web is that it isn't a browser problem, or even an app problem

Its the ad networks that the apps or sites you visit that are causing the problem, eg. NOX CPM etc

The thing is that these pop-ups either get blocked on a PC or even if they are displayed they are easy to dismiss, but on mobile, something about the way they are written causes such issues to come up

Now either the ad networks don't know about this, or, more likely, they do but are unwilling to do anything as it generates revenue

Only way is if Google takes a look at it and does something to strengthen the security on Chrome

Rey Navejas

Jul 25, 2016
Visit site

Only input to this whole pop-up thing that's happening and that I know of is this, I used to have the phone my wife has now and I used it a long time without those annoying pop-ups. I got a different phone and she got mine and it's has been reset to factory settings. Well not to long after she got it, it required an OTA update for the system. Did it, and ever since then it had the pop-ups come left and right non stop. Even after a hard reset with no installed apps it still had pop-ups to that site. At this point I really don't know what she's got installed on there, she just ignores the pop-ups and clicks the home key and continues on her way, but that would be super annoying in my case... Guess I'll have to bust out the laptop and see what I can run to detect who or what triggers the ad on chrome... Thanks for any who read this rant. Phone she uses is a LG G flex.

GabHari

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I had to do the system update for my Verizon LG 3, and I keep getting the damn pop up ads too. All of my apps, though, are from the Google Play store (i don't trust 3rd party apps).

This is some bull-****, right here.:mad:

Reece Turner

Jan 14, 2018
Visit site
McAfee Mobile Security
Temple Run Temple Run 2
Diet and Food Tracker - By SparkPeople
Theme Park
Mr.AahH!!
Subway Surfers
Battery Pro
Netflix
Akinator the Genie
Calorie Counter and Diet Tracker by MyFitnessPal
Streetfood Tycoon: World Tour Edition
JezzBall
Relax Melodies Premium: A White Noise Ambience For Sleep, Meditation & Yoga
Slender Man! Chapter 1: Alone
Plasma Sky - Rad Space Shooter
STARDOM: HOLLYWOOD
Fandango Movies - Times & Tickets
PhotoFunia
Cooking Dash Deluxe
Guess The Movie
Jeopardy! HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Tumblr
Collapse! Blast
Lookout Security & Antivirus
DIRECTV
WordHero
Alarm Clock Xtreme Free
Bible
Pinterest
Battery HD
Hotmail
PicShop Lite - Photo Editor
Calculator Plus Free
Textgram
Notepad
DailyHoroscope
WebMD
Cooking Dash
Songza
ES File Explorer
Wells Fargo Mobile
PicsArt Photo Studio
FREEdi YouTube Downloader
SongPop Free
Pandora
The New Oxford American Dictionary
I read subway surfers was , a common app with malware in it .

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LesleyWang