androidsecurityfree annoying pop up

leesrt

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I keep getting a pop up every so often that says "scan for virus & spyware" with a download link. How do I make this stop?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I keep getting a pop up every so often that says "scan for virus & spyware" with a download link. How do I make this stop?
When is this happening exactly, in any app or anytime? is it happening in the notification bar? can you take a screen shot of it?

mommarockstar

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This has started happening to me all day today as well and I cannot get it to stop. It does not matter if I have any apps open or not. It just all the sudden shows up outta nowhere. I have attached a screenshot to this post. Any ideas how to make it stop???

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-06-10-20-54-24.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-06-10-20-54-24.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 55

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
This has started happening to me all day today as well and I cannot get it to stop. It does not matter if I have any apps open or not. It just all the sudden shows up outta nowhere. I have attached a screenshot to this post. Any ideas how to make it stop???

That's it, I can't make it stop.
No other apps are open and I haven't loaded anything recently.
lets try this to start
Go to settings>application manager> Browser or internet (whatever the your device is using ) > Clear Data
let me know if it keeps happening

mommarockstar

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lets try this to start
Go to settings>application manager> Browser or internet (whatever the your device is using ) > Clear Data

Tried that but it did not work for me. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a Galaxy S3. Did not realize that this forum is for Droid Maxx :-(

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Tried that but it did not work for me. Not sure if it makes a difference, but I have a Galaxy S3. Did not realize that this forum is for Droid Maxx :-(

Go to the market and download an app called Airpush detector then scan your device tell me if it detects anything

From my Galaxy Note 2 via Tapatalk

mommarockstar

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
lets try this to start

Go to the market and download an app called Airpush detector then scan your device tell me if it detects anything

I actually tried that before posting here :-( Nothing...

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
When you run lookout it doesn't detect anything?

All of you must have a common app that is causing this problem. Maybe a messenger app or a launcher.