Strange behavior after Japan trip

Panther353

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
My trusty year-old Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is starting to give me trouble. After returning from two months in Japan is has not been running quite right. It's been very laggy. The lag happens whether I am on wifi or mobile. I've also noticed it hops between 3G and 4G quite a bit now. I have tried wiping the cache and even did a factory reset. I'm still having the same issue. It's running 4.1.2. I am not rooted or unlocked. I do run Nova Launcher Prime. I do use the BerryWeather Pro widget but the phone has issues whether I have that up or not. No other widgets are used. I'd hate to burn up my last available upgrade right now but I might have to if this continues to decline in performance.

I really do not want to try unlocking or loading a 4.2.2 ROM at this point. If anyone has any suggestions as to what else I can try please let me know.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Do you recall downloading or installing anything prior to these issues occuring? I would suggest a factory reset and re-install apps that you need or use. This is a good way to clear the clutter and give the OS a re-fresh. Be sure to sync with Google and backup any data that you might need or feel is important.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay