Compose email not pulling email addresses from contacts

jlewis

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed a strange issue, and I cannot think of anything I've changed that might have triggered it. My primary email account is a sync to an exchange server. It was worked very well ever since I got the phone.

When I try to compose a new email, normally I would start typing a contact name and the app would start to suggest names from my contacts based on what I was typing. For example, if I type "J - E" the system would pull up all names starting with "jeff..." and similar names starting with "je...".

Lately, when I type "J - E" I get no suggestions at all. When I type in a name of a contact that actually exists, it never finds the address. Even when I type the full name of a contact and I know I have it right, it is not recognized. On the other hand, if I pull up that contact from via the Contacts app and tap the email address, it gives me a new blank email to send to that contact. The name is filled in correctly when I go through the Contacts app, but it never finds it via the Email app.

To make this more complicated, this only happens with certain parts of the alphabet. If I type "S - A", it starts pulling up names with "SA...." in them. But anything beginning with a "J" does not work.

- Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty