Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree5Likes
  • 4 Post By BerryCracked
  • 1 Post By Dodge DeBoulet
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Dreaded Update Thread (AKA: 4.3 Upgrade?)

Anyone have any feeling if our beloved Razr Maxx will receive an upgrade now that 4.3 is out? Since 4.2 was skipped, I'm hoping that maybe they (Moto/Verizon) will find it in their hearts to throw us a bone and get us an upgrade. I know upgrades are not always a good thing but anything to make the OS more stable is for me.

Default Re: Dreaded Update Thread (AKA: 4.3 Upgrade?)

Well since they just introduced the DROID ULTRA, DROID MAXX, DROID MINI probably not.

Dreaded Update Thread (AKA: 4.3 Upgrade?)-dave-no-os-update.jpg

Moto told me 2 weeks ago that any version other than Verizon will not get updates past ics. They stated that the updates beyond ics were released for Verizon only

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by scotts9219 View Post
    Anyone have any feeling if our beloved Razr Maxx will receive an upgrade now that 4.3 is out? Since 4.2 was skipped, I'm hoping that maybe they (Moto/Verizon) will find it in their hearts to throw us a bone and get us an upgrade. I know upgrades are not always a good thing but anything to make the OS more stable is for me.
    4.2 skipped? Officially, maybe.

But I'm running it right now on my OG MAXX. All praise be to the CyanogenMod devs
    TitoRoE likes this.

Motorola's site has definitively stated Driod Razr MAXX will remain at OS v4.1.2

See - https://motorola-global-portal.custh...JSNTVZak1GbCJ9
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Dreaded Update Thread (AKA: 4.3 Upgrade?)-screen-shot.jpg  

I'm fine not getting 4.3. All these updates to my phone made it lag, freeze, reboot for no reason. It's running fine right now but that's after uninstalling apps, reinstalling apps, fishing out the ones that might be bad, cache clears, etc.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app