1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Chromecast...?

I placed one of these on order today, seems like it will offer a great deal of usefulness for a very reasonable price. Any other thoughts?

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

Default Re: Chromecast...?

I'm looking at ordering one as well. I already have a Chromebook and Chrome on my computer and phone. I'm curious how all of this will together. They certainly made the decision much easier with the price they are asking for.

EDIT: Ordered mine last night....
    Last edited by scotts9219; 07-30-2013 at 11:50 AM.

For some reason, the Chromecast app from the Play Store doesn't find my Chromecast, BUT I can still stream from the Youtube and Netflix apps. Overall, if you don't have a smart TV or something to watch Netflix/Youtube on your TV with, then the Chromecast is a great cheap option. Tab casting from a desktop/laptop is pretty broken right now, though, and hopefully it'll be fixed.

Chromecast app and the RAZR / RAZR Maxx do not play nicely together (based on my experience and reviews on Google Play) I could not configure my Chromecast using my phone. Once I set it up using my laptop, I was able to use my phone for Netflix. Pretty cool really. I would expect an updated version of the app soon. Then another, and another...
    Last edited by thejdj; 08-19-2013 at 03:44 PM.

Yes, I've had my Chromecast since the first day it went on sale as I was lucky enough to snag one at a Best Buy. There is a well-documented issue with the Razr/Razr Maxx and hopefully it will be fixed soon. It streams Netflix and YouTube perfectly, but there are issues trying to stream from the Play Music and Play Movies & TV apps and as stated above the phone also doesn't see the Chromecast unit on the network. From your laptop or PC, you can also mirror anything you can see in your Chrome browser to the TV and there are ways to also view locally stored pictures and video. The future should hold great promise and for $35, it's a steal. They originally had 3 free months of Netflix too and I got that so my net cost was about $11. It was so popular, they pulled that promotion at the end of the first day though. I'll probably order a 2nd one for my bedroom TV.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Hope it works well with the Watch ESPN app.

My ChromeCast shipped Aug 6 and should be here by the 12th. I ordered mine just before the free Netflix was cut off. WooHoo!

Global Posts
    636 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Chromecast works flawlessly with my Galaxy Tab 2 and my laptop, but works terribly with my (Google-owned company) Motorola Razr Maxx. I thought the Chromecast was defective until I secondly tried my Tab 2.

Quote Originally Posted by maxman1 View Post
    Hope it works well with the Watch ESPN app.

If that's what you want it for, I wouldn't buy one yet. Not supported. Only YouTube, Netflix, Play Music, Play Movies & TV and Chrome browser.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Quote Originally Posted by ETPhoneHomeT View Post
    If that's what you want it for, I wouldn't buy one yet. Not supported. Only YouTube, Netflix, Play Music, Play Movies & TV and Chrome browser.
    Yep, ESPN is a no-go. The good news is, smooth, easy, quick setup on multiple devices including, my Maxx.