Viewing videos in a text message

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
My brother has an iphone and occasionally sends me a video in a text message. The video comes through really tiny and I can barely hear anything being said. The only way to hear something is to put my ear right up to the phone. Is there some setting I need to make so I can see the video in full screen and hear it?

speedfreek64

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I'm not aware of a setting that would effect the incoming video. For the audio, did you try the volume up key while listening to the video?
One thing you might try for the video is using an app that plays video. I use QuickPic for all my picture and video viewing and prefer it over the stock app delivered on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think that with iPhones, when you send a video via MMS, it automatically compresses the video size (and therefore decreases the resolution) in order to transmit it more quickly and to decrease the data used during transmission. I'm not sure there's any way to adjust that. If he wants to send a full resolution video, I think the best way is to email it.

sheryltoo

Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestion and help. The volume was all the way up on my phone so I don't think that was the problem but maybe it has something to do with the video getting compressed. I told my brother to try sending the videos to my email and then I was able to see and hear it.
I also downloaded an app that lets me read text messages on a pc or tablet and I can see and hear the video that way but the quality is terrible. Must be the compression.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawiss