Ntelos Maxx Users Crapped

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Probably been talked about before, but news to me. So I call Moto and Ntelos this morning. Both stated that even though ours is the same as the verizon version, it will not be 4g capable. Unless they release a jb update for it. Which isn't coming. I was hoping for a update but nooooo. We wont get it. I love my phone, and I use wifi mostly, but that added extra feature already in the phone would be nice to use when the time comes. The even screwed up with the release of their sumsuck s3. Its not 4g at all. Not even a sim slot in the phone. No point in their current s2 users to upgrade to that either because the s2 was the best out of the 1st three to begin with. On a side not Uscc is getting the moto x, let us in on the action. Imo uscc is a lot better all around than uscc.

What do current ntelos users think about their maxx not utilizing 4g?

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Without looking, I'm willing to bet the radio bands used for LTE don't match Verizon's, and aren't supported for that reason. Not supporting LTE on users smartphones is a bad thing for the carrier. Carriers want you to have the fastest data speeds possible so they can charge you for data overages. Sorry to hear this, though.

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Moto said that if a jb update came it would be able to do 4g which is why it makes no sense. Ntelos has 2 4g phones and no 4g. Ip5 and Maxx. Now that the maxx isn't getting jb that's 1 phone. They are slow at getting phones. So when they launch 4g I know not everybody that want 4g is going to want a ip5

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
If that's the case, what you need are new radios. Radios are included in updates. There's a chance someone has leaked the radio files. Keep an eye out around the internet for any updated radios for the device. When they're posted, follow the directions to flash them to your phone. Be sure you're using the radios for your carrier, though. If you flash the wrong ones you'll be in trouble.

Moto said that if a jb update came it would be able to do 4g which is why it makes no sense. Ntelos has 2 4g phones and no 4g. Ip5 and Maxx. Now that the maxx isn't getting jb that's 1 phone. They are slow at getting phones. So when they launch 4g I know not everybody that want 4g is going to want a ip5

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 4

meanngreen04

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It won't be 4G capable. Only handset in nTelos line up that will be available for LTE when nTelos rolls out so far is the iPhone 5. The new S3 they put out will not support it either according to them.

Also, keep in mind. nTelos isn't rolling out 4G til second quarter of next year. Your device will be considered a legacy device by then. Keep your eyes out for an S4 that will be capable. I predict by Christmas.

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
Correct the maxx wont be 4g because moto wont update it to jb. Thats what moto told me yesterday. The ntelos s3 isnt 4g capable at all because its strickly a 3g phone. Not even a sim slot in the phone

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Correct the maxx wont be 4g because moto wont update it to jb. Thats what moto told me yesterday. The ntelos s3 isnt 4g capable at all because its strickly a 3g phone. Not even a sim slot in the phone

Then updated radio files don't exist. That's too bad.

Sent from my HTC One using Mobile Nations mobile app

chairwolf

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi folks

I'm on ntelos with the XT908 too. I'm pretty sure there are other users on here with the cdma XT908 on other small carriers who say they're doing 4G. Could we not get a copy of their radio.img file when ntelos finally goes 4g?

c_elliott83

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure it probably could be done, but Im not sure how stable they would be. As well as getting ntelos to send the 4g signal to it. Roms are slim to come by also. I swapped mine for a broken ip5 last week, took the ip5 to peach mac and did a warranty exchange on it. They gave me a whole brand new phone sealed in the box

Craptorman

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
This might be of interest for you. Looks like there's a leaked sbf for the xt908. The file name starts with LRA which stands for LTE in rural america so I'm guessing it is an update to enable LTE. See this article. No mention of nTelos tho.

Donna Peters

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I actually have a Verizon RAZR MAXX that was flashed for use on Ntellos network because I got the phone for free. I just switched from TMobile and had 4G for a very long time. Now, I'm a bit miffed at going back to 3G and not being able to be my own hot spot to support using my 4G ipad & 4G Kindle. I just checked with nTellos via a phone call and their representatives may not be well informed as they simply are telling customers they'll all be going to 4G by end of November for the 1st batch & beginning of next year for remainder of customers.
From what I've read today, I'm confused and don't know if my RAZR MAXX will or will not be updated to jb since it wasn't an original Ntellos model. It was originally a Verizon RAZR MAXX and was 4 capable before with a sim card, so why can't it be again.
This has been very frustrating.

Last edited: