1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Deluxe Member

Default Vibration Cuts Out

I have vibration with key presses turned on. However, love the last few weeks, it randomly stops working. The phone will vibrate for some typing, then randomly stop. Once the phone gets a notification that elicits a vibration, it comes back. But, after some typing, the cycle repeats. I have tried shutting down, cache clears, adjusting settings back and forth...nothing works. Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Droid Razr Maxx: This is the Droid I'm looking for.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Vibration Cuts Out

Quote Originally Posted by MA2GA28 View Post
    I have vibration with key presses turned on. However, love the last few weeks, it randomly stops working. The phone will vibrate for some typing, then randomly stop. Once the phone gets a notification that elicits a vibration, it comes back. But, after some typing, the cycle repeats. I have tried shutting down, cache clears, adjusting settings back and forth...nothing works. Anyone else run into this?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    Unfortunately, it's been my experience and that of users on other forums (including Motorola's own forums) that this is a hardware problem. I had this with my original RAZR Maxx, and tried every software solution I could think of including FDR. Eventually I downloaded an app that let me manually activate the vibration motor (I want to say it was something like Z-Device Test) and activating the motor and giving the phone a firm "wack" with my hand from a variety of directions could make the vibration cut in and out.

Your best bet is to go have a chat with customer support (I'm assuming Verizon as I seem to remember this phone having been their exclusive.) They should be able to facilitate an exchange for you.

Good luck.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 4