Razr Maxx not charging?

Andy Swartz

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
My dad owns a Droid RAZR MAXX and it will not charge. We have tried many different cables/chargers and none of them will charge it. We tried all the cables on my own Galaxy S3 and they worked just fine. He had his phone replaced about a month ago, for the same issue. He purchased a new charger yesterday. It did charge, but stopped after a short period of time.

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
No, he has not. But he can charge it with only 2 certain cables. Even if the cables work on my S3 they won't work in his.

(To clear up any confusion, this IS the OP. had to make a new account, as my email for that one is for some reason not accessible.)
(Edit: if you need any verification that I am infact the OP, let me know.)
Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like it might be a hardware issue, specifically the charging port. Do you know if your father's phone is recognized by his computer if connected via USB? If not, that would support the idea that the microUSB port is damaged (although if the computer does recognize the phone, the charging circuits could still be damaged). He should probably bring it to a cellphone repair shop.

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Sounds like it might be a hardware issue, specifically the charging port. Do you know if your father's phone is recognized by his computer if connected via USB? If not, that would support the idea that the microUSB port is damaged (although if the computer does recognize the phone, the charging circuits could still be damaged). He should probably bring it to a cellphone repair shop.

Ok. Not sure if it is recognized or not. This is his 2nd replacement.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non