Several Questions re my Razr MAXX

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Email Client
1. How do I set the native email client to default to combined inbox view?
2. Why does the native email client not sync my various email accounts properly, or at all, even if they are push/15 min intervals and Wi-Fi only sync OFF? Sometimes manually syncing on Wi-Fi works but still not all of my accounts sync or only part of the account syncs on Wi-Fi.
3. If there are no solutions to either of the above two questions, what is the best paid email client available in the Play Store? Any reason you prefer it?

Phone Lag
4. I recently, read as two weeks ago, did a recovery reset and installed only a select set of applications just to fix a system lag which was rendering my device unusable. Period. Why is my device unbearably slow again all of a sudden, even after doing a reset? I can see there are a few threads on this so maybe there is a consensus on the solution or current status on this issue. I do think safe mode helps, but there is still a noticeable amount of lag. I have no idea how to pin point the cause. Also, all of the apps I have installed are what anyone else would have on their phone. (Stock, Not rooted, No launcher, Recovery clear cache and recovery reset, 4.1.2)

Priority Apps
5. Why are some priority apps, like BBM, being closed in the background even though I have set the process as priority through the app setting? The BBM notification icon disappears and I can no longer receive messages until I open the app again.

Lastly, will rooting my device have any positive impact on the lag?

Last edited:

deparson

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
I don't use the native email client so I can't help you there but the BBM issue is with BBM and not your phone.

The app is either doing something nasty or the service is not behaving correctly. Submit a service ticket with Blackberry if that is an option to you.

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Since you don't use the native email client, can you recommend one from the Play store?

I doubt BBM would be doing something incorrect on the phone, other than using resources as necessary. My worry is that the phone might not have enough space to keep the app open and then goes in and shuts it down, possibly going hand in hand with the slow phone. I will look into the app itself though.

durango992007

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
With your email, check your account credentials. It seems that this phone "forgets" the login information, so updating that should sync your accounts properly. That's all I can really say in the email part as I don't use my email much on my phone.

The phone lag, now that's something else. My phone lags quote often it's r ridiculous. I have heard many different things as to what causes the lag, to the OS not being made for our processors, to rogue apps running in the background. You might try deleting your system cache, there is a thread on here that gives you step by step instructions on it that might help the problem. Also, you could try disabling the chrome browser app. I did that and actually sped up my phone. When I'm on my computer I can probably help you out a bit more so I can use my phone to try things and see what it does.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AC Forums mobile app

flyingsolid

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I will give the email credentials a try one more time but this sync issue seems to be inconsistent. The native email app was not receiving the emails all of a sudden, but once I jumped on Wi-Fi it only pulled the latest few emails and it was obvious there was a gap. Load more did not help. I will report back if it works out.

I did clear the system, Chrome, and browser data or cache after reading another thread and it did not help to the degree I would have hoped for. How would I disable the Chrome app? Safe mode also helped, but again not to the degree I had hoped for. It seems as if there an underlying problem and I wonder if wiping the phone before installing the OS core would make any difference, if that is possible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy