Still Liking this phone Droid RAZR MAXX

brian7751

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
sorry i thought dpham00 said something about the new maxx on post #10 because he said he doesnt own a maxx and he heard about it dropping signal but in post #8 he said he had the razr maxx so i thought maybe he was talking about the new maxx but now after thinking about it he might have been talking about the maxx hd darn motorola and there similar phone naming lol

cordoni

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Just ordered a 32gb Moto X with one of the codes a kind soul gave me here.
So long Razr Maxx, you have been great. I just demand more than what you can give now.
I can pass it on to a family member I think.

bigrobi24

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
My Razr Maxx is getting pretty laggy nowadays. For example, I wanted to show someone a picture from hangouts today, and it took up to 15 seconds to show someone a picture that should have taken 1. I haven't done any wipes though, so I'm not sure if it would solve that.

Overall, I have enjoyed the phone of these 2 years. About 5 months into the first phone, the battery wonked out. I lost a full charge in like 2 hours, and it kept doing that for a day or two. The phone got progressively longer on battery life again after that, but it would run unusually hot. It happened during my 4th week overseas doing fieldwork. I had it in airplane mode the whole time, so basically it was a tablet. No reason it should be running hot without any service. When I came back to the U.S. I got it replaced since it was still under warranty. That's the current one I have now. When I got that "new" refurbished phone, I still felt that it ran hotter than normal, but I stuck with it. The battery is still pretty good these days, and I usually go from 8am-midnight with 30-60% left. I range from 1-5 hours of screen usually.

Anyways, with the phone being very laggy now, and my upgrade coming in 2 weeks, it is getting close to retirement time for it. The touchless controls have me excited. To use my voice controls currently, I have to hold down the search button, wait for 5 seconds of lag, then say "ok google", and then wait 5-10 more seconds for the search to finish. I can't wait to do this near instantly in the future.

The only decision now is if I should upgrade to the Maxx or the Mini. I don't think I can give up this battery life, but man, using the Mini one handed sounds amazing to me. The Razr Maxx is nearly too big for me, and the Maxx of course has to be even larger. Where is the Mini Maxx?!?!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay