Getting a text from my phone number that I want to stop.......

joe716

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting this text from my phone that says"This is a automatic friendly reminder ; Don't forget to do the surveys! Thank you. It texts me every hour 11 past the hour. Question is how do I stop it?

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
sounds like a rogue app. Think back to when it started to appear, and uninstall any apps you installed since then. If there is a link embeded with the text, do NOT click on it!. If all else fails call your carrier and ask about it. They may have pushed the survey to your device

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you mean you're getting a notification at the top of the screen, or an actual SMS text message? If it's a notification, it's likely from an app you installed, as mentioned by dancing-bass. It's also possible it could be from an ad network--you could install something like Lookout Ad Network Detector to see if any are present on your phone, and opt out if one is present.

If it's an SMS text message, then you should be able to identify the sender's number. I think you can also block a number on the My Verizon website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC