Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default GO SMS PRO problems

Hello all, I turn to my fellow phone users for some help. I am using go sms pro because IMO it is an amazing messenger app. Since I have downloaded it I am seeing that sometimes while I am texting it lags a bit and then brings up google search. This only happens as I am about to start replying to a text. Anyone else had this problem?

Default Re: GO SMS PRO problems

I find GO to be very bloated, laggy, and resource-intensive. 90% of it is due to eye candy, not functionality.

I've switched to Textra. It's got the extra features I need (customize notification per contact), some visual customizations (bubble color, LED color) and a light and dark theme. All I need. Its far less laggy and heavy, which makes me and my phone much happier.

Try switching for a week, see if you like it more. As for WHY it's doing that specific thing, I couldn't tell you. I just know I have long since stopped using GO products because they are ALL laggy, heavy, and resource-intensive. I've found alternatives that are much better
    ViolinKnits likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I will give it a shot. See if it is any better.

I stopped using Go cuff it would send texts to the wrong contacts. I've been using this and really like I can send/receive emoticons without extra downloads.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...tyeightsms.mms

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 8 inch. I have downloaded the app to my tablet. Tried the verification process. Didn't receive a code to my phone. Activation failed. Contacted support. No response. Any help is appreciated

my issue with go sms pro is that when viewing the list of message threads, it only shows the number, even when i start the thread out of my contact list with the name. there is one exception- when i downloaded this, it imported my previous threads and one, just one shows the contact name, when in the other app, all the names displayed. so unless i know the person's number, i don't know who the messages are from, except by looking at what i wrote. i found a setting that says "display numbers only" or something like that but it's turned off. i turned it on then off again, no change. oh, and i downloaded this app b/c my phone is dual sim and the preinstalled app sucks. from what i've been able to find, this is the only app in the play store that is able to support two sim cards.

I recently discovered another "bug" or "issue" with the app for my Note 4 with T-Mobile... Last week, I switched from Verizon to T-Mobile. I could say I'm honestly a little happier with their service plus the phone is amazing. Anyways, the issue I have found that when installed this app "GO Sms PRO", I remembered going to "VIP" section, somehow when all of the features were activated, it also activated some kind of weird messages that will tell you the notification EACH times you download or update apps... I have a screen shot picture here. You can see the message on the bottom of the screen... I have never seen that in my previous Note phones (2 and 3).... For some reasons this app causes interference... I could not find a way to disable that "notification".. GO SMS PRO problems-screenshot_2015-03-21-11-54-14.jpg