Deleting Text Messages

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I am unable to delete text messages from my maxx. I know how to manually select each and select delete. The problem is my phone just doesn't do anything. These text threads are from 2012, so I know they are slowing down my system. I could always do a reset, but I don't want to lose all texts.

Any ideas, or does anyone else have this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I've never seen that before. Are you using the stock messaging app? What happens if you long press the thread? Or if you open the thread and press the Menu button? Do you get a Delete option? Does that do anything?

Jaingo5150

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Well i got frustrated last night so i went through the notions of deleting, and saw no changes. I put my phone on the charger and went to bed. I wake up and they are now gone. Who knows how long it took. I'm now guessing it was just overwhelming the processor for a time.

Thanks though. If anything if suggest deleting more often than once a year, lol.

fantic

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I went through the phone last week to clean house. I noticed that it took a long time for the text to disappear. Didn't think it was working for a while.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca