Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jaingo5150
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Deleting Text Messages

I am unable to delete text messages from my maxx. I know how to manually select each and select delete. The problem is my phone just doesn't do anything. These text threads are from 2012, so I know they are slowing down my system. I could always do a reset, but I don't want to lose all texts.

Any ideas, or does anyone else have this problem?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Deleting Text Messages

I've never seen that before. Are you using the stock messaging app? What happens if you long press the thread? Or if you open the thread and press the Menu button? Do you get a Delete option? Does that do anything?

3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Well i got frustrated last night so i went through the notions of deleting, and saw no changes. I put my phone on the charger and went to bed. I wake up and they are now gone. Who knows how long it took. I'm now guessing it was just overwhelming the processor for a time.

Thanks though. If anything if suggest deleting more often than once a year, lol.

B. Diddy likes this.

60 Posts
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

I went through the phone last week to clean house. I noticed that it took a long time for the text to disappear. Didn't think it was working for a while.