1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Droid RAZR MAXX - Problem with Persistent Failed Language Downloads

Each time I unsleep my phone, there are several identical alerts (generic triangle with exclamation point) that say the following:
    Downloading English (US) Download failed, insufficient memory. When I tap, I see a Google "Download Languages" screen that tells me (duhh) "No languages installed." There is an auto-update choice, and I have ticked "Do not auto-update languages," but the attempted downloads persist. The app causing this is Download Manager.
    As far as the memory issue goes, I have just cleaned my phone really well. Cleanmaster shows 66% storage and 80% RAM, so I doubt there is insufficient memory.
    I'd like to stop this annoyance. Any ideas?
    Many thanks for help.
    Frank
    P.S. When I attempt a shutdown of certain apps at startup, I note the item AlertServiceManager, but this does not appear in the apps list or the manage apps list. Any connection?
    I can find very little info about this.

Global Posts
    6,777 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Droid RAZR MAXX - Problem with Persistent Failed Language Downloads

Quote Originally Posted by frank1492 View Post
    Each time I unsleep my phone, there are several identical alerts (generic triangle with exclamation point) that say the following:
    Downloading English (US) Download failed, insufficient memory. When I tap, I see a Google "Download Languages" screen that tells me (duhh) "No languages installed." There is an auto-update choice, and I have ticked "Do not auto-update languages," but the attempted downloads persist. The app causing this is Download Manager.
    As far as the memory issue goes, I have just cleaned my phone really well. Cleanmaster shows 66% storage and 80% RAM, so I doubt there is insufficient memory.
    I'd like to stop this annoyance. Any ideas?
    Many thanks for help.
    Frank
    P.S. When I attempt a shutdown of certain apps at startup, I note the item AlertServiceManager, but this does not appear in the apps list or the manage apps list. Any connection?
    I can find very little info about this.
    You may not have enough memory for Apps or App data. If this is the case, go into Settings > Apps > All then sort by size. Clear the cache for the Apps consuming the most data then try updating again.

This is a short term fix. But will get your language installed and the error to go away.