Verizon Droid Razr Maxx - Won't Boot - No Boot Menu

td955i

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

Just wondering if there is a way to load information into the phone without being able to get into the boot menu. I tried a factory reset last year on this device, and long story short, it turned into a brick. Motorola wouldn't warranty it due to a cracked screen, so I put it into a drawer and forgot about it until a couple of days ago. I want to get it back up and running, but it isn't a big priority - would just be nice to have a backup phone.

So the phone doesn't do anything now - I'm sure the battery is dead - but the power button doesn't do anything. When I plug the phone into a wall charger, the "Motorola M and the Dual Core Screen" comes on - but that is all I get. No LED light or anything. When I plug the USB into the computer, I get a white LED, but when I hit the power button, the LED goes off and the phone does nothing.

Any ideas on anything I can do to restore this - or should I just pitch it?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Did you try leaving it plugged in overnight? I would leave it on the charger for several hours (at least five hours) to ensure it gets a complete charge before trying to turn it on after being dead that long. Hope you get it working.

td955i

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but ill try it again. I dont think the phone is charging though as the LED doesnt come on indicating a charge is occuring. I think my error is so deep that the phone cant even get the commands to control battery charging functioning properly....

Sent from my GT-N5110 using AC Forums mobile app

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yes, but ill try it again. I dont think the phone is charging though as the LED doesnt come on indicating a charge is occuring. I think my error is so deep that the phone cant even get the commands to control battery charging functioning properly....

Is it the OEM charger?

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

td955i

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
No.... that was long ago lost in a hotel room somewhere.....

Its been on three seperate chargers, for at least 8 hours each, and nothing has changed. Still get the Motorola screen and it stays there until I unplug it.

So any ideas on how to force a download via usb?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
And you've held down the power and both volume keys for 15 seconds to see if it will complete the boot process?

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

td955i

Oct 14, 2012
Visit site
Yep. Ive done that everyway i can think of. Charger in, charger out, usb in/out etc. Cant get the phone to get past that very first Motorola screen no matter what i do.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12