Ringtone and Notification sounds resetting to default...

Jwestphoto

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
When I plug my Droid razr Maxx into any computer to charge, all of my ringtones and notification sounds reset to default. This includes incoming call ringtone, text tone, email tone, facebook notification tone and alarm clock tone. This has become a big pain because I use my computer to charge quite often. Also while plugged into computer I can not access my pictures. When I plug it in it says connected to mass storage device and disables my SD card. Can anyone tell me if and how I can fix this?

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
When you connect to your computer as mass storage device your computer mounts the SD card and internal storage (hence the name Mass Storage Device). They are no longer available to your device and the Android OS reassigns all those ringtones it can no longer find on the two storage locations. You can access your pictures via your computer when it is connected as a Mass Storage Device. You should only connect to a charger if you don't want to have to reset your sounds (which is a major PITA) or choose another method of connection. Hope this helps.

Rogus

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Or, make sure you store your ringtones and any notification sounds you want to use on your device and not on your SD card. As another option if you want to use your computer as a charging source, just use a usb charge only cable.

SoccerRef12

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Unless you put ringtones in a system folder (you must be rooted) when you connect as Mass Storage Device, your computer mounts the internal storage also.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx using TapaTalk 4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781