1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Reasonable priced screen repair?

I've had a spare Razr Maxx sitting on my shelf for over 6 months now that was unusable due to a cracked screen. In addition, the display is out as well. It powers on and works although there is now way of knowing what is on due to not having a display. If I power it on, I have to let the battery drain and die because the daily alarm goes off and I don't know how to dismiss it.

I had a bad experience with another Razr Maxx that I sent to Motorola direct for a repair of broken glass. They botched the repair up so bad that they sent me a new Maxx HD in place of it. This was after sending it back 3 times over the course of a month and the problems only got worse.

I know there are all sorts of "i" repair services out there but does anyone know where I can send this phone to? I want to keep it as a back up and a possible second line if I can get it fixed again. I hate trashing it or recycling it since there's nothing wrong with it otherwise.

Thanks,

Craig

Default Re: Reasonable priced screen repair?

Well, you could always do a search around where you live for shops that do phone repairs and see what they could do. You could also do a search on Google for ways you can do it yourself. Those would be best bets for you if you want to get it back ASAP and not have a problem with Moto again, at least, I think they would be your best options.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    18 Global Posts

Default Re: Reasonable priced screen repair?

I did check around with a few local companies that do phone and computer repair and with parts and labor they are higher than what I'd pay Moto to do it. I could do it myself but I'd risk screwing something up, kind of like what happened with Moto. If I stay persistent like I did last time, they end up replacing the device if they keep messing it up.

At least this time, this is not my primary phone so I can be a little more patient.