Black bar at top of screen gone

barelykeepingup

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I am not tech savvy. Somehow I accidentally removed the black bar at the top of the screen. It had somehow moved from the top to the middle of the screen and in my attempt to move it back up, it disappeared! I have no idea how to get it back. It's the bar that had wifi, brightness,blue tooth and I can't remember what else. How do I get it back? And please, in very elementary terms. Thank you!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sounds like you're talking about the Quick Settings menu, which is not available on the Razr Maxx. Are you talking about a different phone? Perhaps the new Droid Maxx? That would have Quick Settings. On an Android phone, you typically need to swipe down from the top of the screen with two fingers instead of one in order to get the Quick Settings.

Posted via Android Central App

MadMike71

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
Just a side note. if the two finger swipe does not work like on my MAXX sometimes.. you can still swipe down with one finger and then press the square tab in the upper right corner to get to the settings menu.. hope that helps a little.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a side note. if the two finger swipe does not work like on my MAXX sometimes.. you can still swipe down with one finger and then press the square tab in the upper right corner to get to the settings menu.. hope that helps a little.

Are you talking about the new Droid Maxx, or the old Droid Razr Maxx? I assume it's the former. It's best not to get too confused between the two in this thread, since it was posted in the Razr Maxx forum.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc