Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Water Damage Question

Hello! I currently have a water damaged phone and I would like to retrieve some data off of it, but I don't know if its possible.

Simply put, the screen is cracked - the phone has a small ~1mm triangle-shaped chip in the screen right above the back arrow at the bottom of the phone (exposing the inner part) and a spidery-shaped crack at the top right and above the front-facing camera - and the phone was sitting facedown on my kitchen counter for about 25 minutes while I did the dishes, and when I finished, the counter was covered in water and my phone was right in it. I don't know exactly how long the phone was sitting in water, but I'd say about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, I tried going the phone-repair route and they cleaned away the corrosion but it still won't start up. I've read good things about cell phone data recovery, but I'm concerned that if the motherboard was fried, then I can't recover my data. Is this true?

Default Re: Water Damage Question

Unfortunately, things do not look promising for you. Sorry to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by eljn0323 View Post
    Hello! I currently have a water damaged phone and I would like to retrieve some data off of it, but I don't know if its possible.

Simply put, the screen is cracked - the phone has a small ~1mm triangle-shaped chip in the screen right above the back arrow at the bottom of the phone (exposing the inner part) and a spidery-shaped crack at the top right and above the front-facing camera - and the phone was sitting facedown on my kitchen counter for about 25 minutes while I did the dishes, and when I finished, the counter was covered in water and my phone was right in it. I don't know exactly how long the phone was sitting in water, but I'd say about 5-10 minutes.

Anyway, I tried going the phone-repair route and they cleaned away the corrosion but it still won't start up. I've read good things about cell phone data recovery, but I'm concerned that if the motherboard was fried, then I can't recover my data. Is this true?
    Phone: HTC One M8 (Gunmetal Gray)
    Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013