kitkat issue.....

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
So my bf got the Kitkat update Monday night on his Razr Maxx. He updated but now his phone wont last through the day. Its dying after like 8 hours of not being used that much either. I have uninstalled bloatware, turned things off that do not need to be on but its still doing it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so what have you done to fix it?

I have not done a factory reset as he has a lot of stuff on the phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're probably referring to the Razr Maxx HD, right? The original Razr Maxx is and will forever be stuck on 4.1.2. The Razr Maxx HD forum is here: Droid RAZR MAXX HD - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

In the meantime, you could try wiping the system cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/answers/prod_answer_detail/a_id/93162/p/30,6720,8579

It's possible that when you get to the point where you see the android lying down with its chest open, you may have to press and hold Volume Up, then tap the Power button, in order to get to the next step. In another thread, BJMH46 mentioned that this is how it's now done on the Razr M after the KitKat update on that phone: http://forums.androidcentral.com/droid-razr-m/391820-wipe-cache.html

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No I had the HD he has the original RAZR Maxx.
Ya I cleared the cache so I guess we will see how tomm goes.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Xparent Purple Tapatalk 2

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
As I mentioned, the original Razr Maxx is stuck at Jellybean 4.1.2, and does not have any official updates beyond that. So if he really has an original Razr Maxx and got a KitKat update, then I assume he rooted it and flashed a custom ROM?

robocp4

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
No his phone is by no means rooted. It's a stock out of the case RM

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
No his phone is by no means rooted. It's a stock out of the case RM

Strange because the RAZR Maxx isn't said to have KitKat. Double check the Android Version and if its KitKat he had to have side loaded it.

In terms of Maxx variants the order went as:

RAZR Maxx, RAZR Maxx HD and Droid Maxx. Check images on Google to make sure his is indeed a RAZR Maxx. Just want to make sure since this is odd.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan