Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Restarting the Razr Maxx when the power button is broke

On my phone the power button stopped working, like totally stopped. No screen locking, no screen shots, no power button at all. I have the app Smart Screen Lite which will let me turn my screen off; which I am ok with. I do need to restart, turn off and turn back on my phone, every couple of days just because it lags like crap. I downloaded Fast Reboot app, but that doesn't solve anything. Are there any apps out there that will restart my phone? Power off and power back on? I'm eligible for a new phone in 2 months so I just need this to work that much longer.

Default Re: Restarting the Razr Maxx when the power button is broke

Welcome to Android Central! In order to do this, I think you'd have to root the phone. Even then, I'm not sure if it would power off and then power on again. Here's a Power Off app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If I run this app on my phone will it looks like it will turn my phone off, but I will not be able to turn it back on, the power button is does not function at all.

I know, I mentioned that. But it's a starting point. Maybe you could continue searching along those lines. Good luck!