a few big problems...and im compleatly lost.

cgt16

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Around 4-5 months ago my phone completely lost the ability to connect to google severs.(this includes every app on their servers including the playstore) I have tried everything i can think of and eventually(2 days ago) did a FDR. And now is my biggest problem,after i did the FDR my phone not only will it still not connect to Google, but it will not read anything from my sd card.(no problem with this before) This is a big problem because it is where i moved all apps and backed up my files before the FDR. i really need help with this quickly please.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Open a web browser. Go to Google Play. Let us know if that works.

2. Put the SD card into a card reader, plug it into a computer and see if it can be read. Let us know if that works. (Doing a factory reset uninstalled all your installed apps, so whatever apps were "moved" to the SD card are no longer installed - but the space they took up on the SD card is still in use. Once you get this sorted out, you'll have to back up everything on the card [assuming it works], then format the card to free that space up.

Apps aren't actually moved to the card. Pieces of them are. The card is told that the space the piece is in is used, but thre's no directory entry for it, so you can't just delete it. And links to each piece are left in internal storage, because that's where Android looks for them. You normally don't save much space by moving apps to the SD card and, in some cases (wen the piece being moved is smaller than the link), you can actually lose internal space by moving an app to the card.

The SD card is designed, in Android, for storing files - pictures, songs, videos, documents, etc. Android isn't designed to run apps from it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci