Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
OK. So while I was all set to say "Just because that Droid HD has a SIM card, it doesn't mean it's LTE, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's Verizon."

Forget that.

Verizon is testing it.

That is all.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
in the infamous words of Long Duck Dong: "oh, you big teaser!" :p

any speculation/indication for a timeframe for release? i can't believe it would be out before the end of the year. but, leaked pics!? VZW already testing!? hmmmmmm....

anon(392870)

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
What stage of testing are we talking though? There's about to be released in 3 weeks testing (Bionic) and testing to work on the end product testing, but 6-12 months away testing.

2defmouze

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Seeing its already on Verizon's hands testing not just Moto's, and we already have a number of pics, it would *appear* to my casual observing self that this phone would be ready to go relatively soon? Seems weird that we've only just heard of it though and also weird that it would be coming out or ready to come out so close to Bionic.

Although.. if this was a part of the original roadmap, then after the original bionic was scrapped for the new version maybe they just wound up being pushed closer together. If it comes out soon I can't imagine that would be good for bionic sales.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
having gotten over the initial rush, i realized that Jha said that Moto would have another LTE device out before the end of the year. "LTE" certainly signals VZW, as does the "Droid" branding on this device. and, as Asterdroid pointed out in another thread, this device already has its own forum, but the Prime and Vigor do not. i'm thinking, "merry christmas to me!!"

Jasper

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, Hopefully a very merry X-mas to us both. It would be nice to know within the next few weeks if that's a realistic time frame or not. I guess I can always buy the Bionic, resell it and get the HD at retail.

916ninja

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I hear ya, Hopefully a very merry X-mas to us both. It would be nice to know within the next few weeks if that's a realistic time frame or not. I guess I can always buy the Bionic, resell it and get the HD at retail.

That's my plan lol.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

TheDave

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling we have a CES device (ala Atrix) time frame on our hands.

Verizon's lineup as is is as crowded as weve seen
Bionic
SGSII
Prime
Vigor
Droid HD
Rev2
iPhone 5

CES seems realistic to me

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have a feeling we have a CES device (ala Atrix) time frame on our hands.

Verizon's lineup as is is as crowded as weve seen
Bionic
SGSII
Prime
Vigor
Droid HD
Rev2
iPhone 5

CES seems realistic to me
No way will Moto sit idle until next year on Verizon.

They are already behind one top tier handset this year. That's my thoughts on the matter.

Last edited:

Dostovel

Jul 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
No way will Moto sit idle until next year on Verizon.

They are already behind one top tier handset this year. That's my thoughts on the matter.

I'm with you on that and I hope this phone is here before years end. I was patiently waiting for some quads to come out buy after some thought, I may opt for a polished dual core 2nd Gen LTE phone as opposed to early model quad.

irl Panda

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm with you on that and I hope this phone is here before years end. I was patiently waiting for some quads to come out buy after some thought, I may opt for a polished dual core 2nd Gen LTE phone as opposed to early model quad.

You'd be waiting until summer of next year for quad-core. We'll probably see the first ones come CES 2012. Better jump on something now and save up for then!

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Next Gen LTE chipsets allow for much much thinner devices.. its a nice device and surely verizon customers will enjoy it. Battery life isnt there yet but sure that some software radio tweaks will assist with this issue.. Let the hype machine begin.. lol

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Next Gen LTE chipsets allow for much much thinner devices.. its a nice device and surely verizon customers will enjoy it. Battery life isnt there yet but sure that some software radio tweaks will assist with this issue.. Let the hype machine begin.. lol

thanks BMX!

kinda looking forward to seeing what this device has. there's been some rumor/speculation floating around that the specs aren't really any different than the Bionic, just that it's thinner - any info on the processor - OMAP 4430/4460/4470?? someone over at DF, who implied that he was testing the device, said that it's a 4.3" qHD screen, but NOT 1280x720 - any info on this??

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
cant speak on hardware specs. the device does have a really strange resolution.. def not as clean as retina but not as grainy as the current Qhd displays. I havent really had alot of time with it but I expect to shortly as I am rather excited about it..

f150fan

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I am really excited for the selection of awesome devices that we will have at our fingertips in the coming months. The Droid HD is another possibility for me. I'm a huge Moto fan and will probably pass up the Bionic to see what else is coming.

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
cant speak on hardware specs. the device does have a really strange resolution.. def not as clean as retina but not as grainy as the current Qhd displays. I havent really had alot of time with it but I expect to shortly as I am rather excited about it..

LOL! I've never heard of a screen being described as "strange". But, I certainly appreciate the input!! I was kinda wondering what it could be if it wasn't true HD, and it wasn't pentile - that left........?? I guess "strange" is probly as good a descriptor as anything. Glad it's not pentile- that in and of itself is a big plus for me.

Once you've had a chance to play around with it, I would certainly like to hear your thoughts - I'm pretty intrigued by this device. (And not the least of which because it's been kept under some pretty tight wraps.) Thanks again!

whitecomet

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I think this device might get released in november only if they see the bionic not selling vs the competition like the vigor prime and iphone. If the bionic sells well they will hold out and release it when they think it's needed to be competitive. I guessing 1.2-1.5dual core and a high res screen and slimmer.

Bear in mind you can wait forverer and see when quad core options come out. I say wait till november if you can to see all the options unless like me you have two avail upgrades .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellie10