Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 31
Like Tree7Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Phil Nickinson's Avatar
    Android Central Editor in Chief

    Posts
    3,994 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

    Default Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    OK. So while I was all set to say "Just because that Droid HD has a SIM card, it doesn't mean it's LTE, and it doesn't necessarily mean it's Verizon."

    Forget that.

    Verizon is testing it.

    That is all.
  2. #2  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    in the infamous words of Long Duck Dong: "oh, you big teaser!"

    any speculation/indication for a timeframe for release? i can't believe it would be out before the end of the year. but, leaked pics!? VZW already testing!? hmmmmmm....
    Jasper likes this.
  3. #3  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    this couldn't possibly be the "something" that VZW was up to for 8/18, could it?!?! REALLY doubtful, i know......
  4. #4  
    nrk
    nrk is offline
    nrk's Avatar

    Posts
    441 Posts
    ROM
    Kin3tx

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    What stage of testing are we talking though? There's about to be released in 3 weeks testing (Bionic) and testing to work on the end product testing, but 6-12 months away testing.
    I'd bet Cory's arm on it!
  5. #5  
    androidjunkie30's Avatar

    Posts
    271 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Hopefully this can be out by november but.we didnt see it on the roadmap I think that roadmap is fake
  6. #6  
    2defmouze's Avatar

    Posts
    5,825 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,846 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Seeing its already on Verizon's hands testing not just Moto's, and we already have a number of pics, it would *appear* to my casual observing self that this phone would be ready to go relatively soon? Seems weird that we've only just heard of it though and also weird that it would be coming out or ready to come out so close to Bionic.

    Although.. if this was a part of the original roadmap, then after the original bionic was scrapped for the new version maybe they just wound up being pushed closer together. If it comes out soon I can't imagine that would be good for bionic sales.
  7. #7  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    having gotten over the initial rush, i realized that Jha said that Moto would have another LTE device out before the end of the year. "LTE" certainly signals VZW, as does the "Droid" branding on this device. and, as Asterdroid pointed out in another thread, this device already has its own forum, but the Prime and Vigor do not. i'm thinking, "merry christmas to me!!"
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    I hear ya, Hopefully a very merry X-mas to us both. It would be nice to know within the next few weeks if that's a realistic time frame or not. I guess I can always buy the Bionic, resell it and get the HD at retail.
  9. #9  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    I hear ya, Hopefully a very merry X-mas to us both. It would be nice to know within the next few weeks if that's a realistic time frame or not. I guess I can always buy the Bionic, resell it and get the HD at retail.
    That's my plan lol.

    Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
  10. #10  
    TheDave's Avatar

    Posts
    350 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    I have a feeling we have a CES device (ala Atrix) time frame on our hands.

    Verizon's lineup as is is as crowded as weve seen
    Bionic
    SGSII
    Prime
    Vigor
    Droid HD
    Rev2
    iPhone 5


    CES seems realistic to me
    xxW3tbakSWAGGxx likes this.
  11. #11  
    Castor Troy's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    1,498 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,691 Global Posts
    ROM
    Project Elite/Raid Zero

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDave View Post
    I have a feeling we have a CES device (ala Atrix) time frame on our hands.

    Verizon's lineup as is is as crowded as weve seen
    Bionic
    SGSII
    Prime
    Vigor
    Droid HD
    Rev2
    iPhone 5


    CES seems realistic to me
    No way will Moto sit idle until next year on Verizon.

    They are already behind one top tier handset this year. That's my thoughts on the matter.
    f150fan likes this.
  12. #12  
    Dostovel's Avatar

    Posts
    125 Posts
    Global Posts
    579 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Quote Originally Posted by CK View Post
    No way will Moto sit idle until next year on Verizon.

    They are already behind one top tier handset this year. That's my thoughts on the matter.
    I'm with you on that and I hope this phone is here before years end. I was patiently waiting for some quads to come out buy after some thought, I may opt for a polished dual core 2nd Gen LTE phone as opposed to early model quad.
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Quote Originally Posted by Dostovel View Post
    I'm with you on that and I hope this phone is here before years end. I was patiently waiting for some quads to come out buy after some thought, I may opt for a polished dual core 2nd Gen LTE phone as opposed to early model quad.
    You'd be waiting until summer of next year for quad-core. We'll probably see the first ones come CES 2012. Better jump on something now and save up for then!
  14. #14  
    blackmannx#AC's Avatar
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Next Gen LTE chipsets allow for much much thinner devices.. its a nice device and surely verizon customers will enjoy it. Battery life isnt there yet but sure that some software radio tweaks will assist with this issue.. Let the hype machine begin.. lol
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

    follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
    f150fan, Johnly and huskerkate like this.
  15. #15  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    Next Gen LTE chipsets allow for much much thinner devices.. its a nice device and surely verizon customers will enjoy it. Battery life isnt there yet but sure that some software radio tweaks will assist with this issue.. Let the hype machine begin.. lol
    thanks BMX!

    kinda looking forward to seeing what this device has. there's been some rumor/speculation floating around that the specs aren't really any different than the Bionic, just that it's thinner - any info on the processor - OMAP 4430/4460/4470?? someone over at DF, who implied that he was testing the device, said that it's a 4.3" qHD screen, but NOT 1280x720 - any info on this??
  16. #16  
    blackmannx#AC's Avatar
    Panda Motherfrinkin King

    Posts
    368 Posts
    Global Posts
    374 Global Posts
    ROM
    PandaRom 12.5% Faster!!

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    cant speak on hardware specs. the device does have a really strange resolution.. def not as clean as retina but not as grainy as the current Qhd displays. I havent really had alot of time with it but I expect to shortly as I am rather excited about it..
    Sent from my unreleased thingamagig using Tapatalk

    follow me at www.twitter.com/black_man_x
    f150fan likes this.
  17. #17  
    f150fan's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    I am really excited for the selection of awesome devices that we will have at our fingertips in the coming months. The Droid HD is another possibility for me. I'm a huge Moto fan and will probably pass up the Bionic to see what else is coming.
  18. #18  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmannx View Post
    cant speak on hardware specs. the device does have a really strange resolution.. def not as clean as retina but not as grainy as the current Qhd displays. I havent really had alot of time with it but I expect to shortly as I am rather excited about it..
    LOL! I've never heard of a screen being described as "strange". But, I certainly appreciate the input!! I was kinda wondering what it could be if it wasn't true HD, and it wasn't pentile - that left........?? I guess "strange" is probly as good a descriptor as anything. Glad it's not pentile- that in and of itself is a big plus for me.

    Once you've had a chance to play around with it, I would certainly like to hear your thoughts - I'm pretty intrigued by this device. (And not the least of which because it's been kept under some pretty tight wraps.) Thanks again!
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Well you can scratch out SGSII since VZW is not going to carry it apparently.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    I think this device might get released in november only if they see the bionic not selling vs the competition like the vigor prime and iphone. If the bionic sells well they will hold out and release it when they think it's needed to be competitive. I guessing 1.2-1.5dual core and a high res screen and slimmer.

    Bear in mind you can wait forverer and see when quad core options come out. I say wait till november if you can to see all the options unless like me you have two avail upgrades .
  21. #21  
    f150fan's Avatar

    Posts
    187 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by whitecomet View Post
    I think this device might get released in november only if they see the bionic not selling vs the competition like the vigor prime and iphone. If the bionic sells well they will hold out and release it when they think it's needed to be competitive. I guessing 1.2-1.5dual core and a high res screen and slimmer.

    Bear in mind you can wait forverer and see when quad core options come out. I say wait till november if you can to see all the options unless like me you have two avail upgrades .
    They all depends on when the Prime launches. I could see it launching possibly in December but I think early 2012 is more likely.

    Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
  22. #22  
    huskerkate's Avatar

    Posts
    345 Posts
    ROM
    SS 5.5/Stl Drd 8.0/PE 6.5

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    i don't think Moto can afford to pass up holiday sales. with the iP5, Prime, Vigor (likely) all releasing after the Bionic, Moto needs something for the holiday sales, and rejuvenating an ad campaign for a 3-month-old device probably won't cut it. thus, enter the DHD - largely the same phone spec-wise (so no big jump in production costs), but a slimmer form factor and better screen (to more directly compete with the iP5).
    "You really know how to cover your arse Gillette, but those pants are a huge mistake." Fletch
  23. #23  
    Last Ride's Avatar

    Posts
    272 Posts
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    I'm hoping this thing is out around the time of the Vigor and Prime. Sadly, with the recent release of the Bionic, I have my doubts about seeing this before Christmas. I'm wanting a vanilla device, and I doubt any of these phones will deliver that without rooting.
  24. #24  
    Droid800's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    3,692 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default

    Bank on a CES reveal and an on sale date somewhere around march.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  25. #25  
    Johnly's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    7,689 Posts
    Global Posts
    10,735 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

    Default Re: Confirmed: Verizon's testing the Droid HD

    Waiting sucks.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions