Droid RAZR Announcement coming Oct 18!!! [w/ video]

Last Ride

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Still hoping for a true HD screen on this one. But if I want a 720p screen, OMAP 4460, and a stock experience, don't I want a Prime? Arrrrrgh!

huskerkate

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
Still hoping for a true HD screen on this one. But if I want a 720p screen, OMAP 4460, and a stock experience, don't I want a Prime? Arrrrrgh!

probably. but, info on both the Spyder and Nexus have been locked down tighter than just about any device we've seen before. the inklings/leaks more and more point to the only significant differences between the Spyder and Prime being in the OS (GB vs ICS) and the bootloader. for me, if the bootloader on the Spyder can be unlocked, then it's really a choice between whether i like a Sammy phone or a Moto phone. i'll have to hold both, but up til now my heart has always lied with Moto.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Just noticed the teaser video, which is way better than that of the bionic. Way less cheesy than hiring a Natalie Portman lookalike to assemble a phone from broken robots.

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
So just going off the video:
It WILL be called the RAZR in some way shape or form
definitely have Kevlar for some reason
gorilla glass (assuming by the diamond during strong)
LTE by all the fast stuff/4 arrows (4g)

What's with the 42? Can't be quad core, too early for that. Can't be screen size. Dunno why anyone else pick anything up from the video?

ryangeno

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
So just going off the video:
It WILL be called the RAZR in some way shape or form
definitely have Kevlar for some reason
gorilla glass (assuming by the diamond during strong)
LTE by all the fast stuff/4 arrows (4g)

What's with the 42? Can't be quad core, too early for that. Can't be screen size. Dunno why anyone else pick anything up from the video?

4G / (2) dual core?

dtshakuras

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Man I'm excited. Very slick video. I was going to get the Bionic until I heard about he Razr. Plus I didn't like how the Bionic looked compared to my DX. In my opinion the DX had a pretty good shape and size and thus I hope the Razr matches it or is better.

MrHug3

Dec 5, 2009
Visit site
I can't wait!! I'll be selling my Bionic. Still slight chance I might get the Prime. gotta touch them first

This is what I'm contemplating. The nexus line has always intrigued me. Especially now that there is one coming for Verizon. Updates directly from Google, unlocked, etc, etc.. But, I'm a diehard moto fanboy. Their hardware to me, is unmatched by anyone. I like the industrial designs. Never been a fan of sammys plasticky feel, regardless of what's on the inside of it, or how sexy it looks.

heraldo

May 22, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I bought a bionic outright for 450. So no contact to worry about. I had a Samsung I760 before and ever build quality was amazing. Idk about the Droid phones tho