Will the RAZR's sealed battery stop you from buying?

Has the sealed battery stopped you from getting the RAZR

• Total voters

Scout_313

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Provided the phone gets decent battery life to begin with, I would definitely consider this phone. I'm not a heavy user by any stretch of the imagination plus I don't stream music or video so I'd run this phone on 3G until I needed the LTE speed boost. The only thing that might stop me from picking this up is the Google/Samsung announcement tonight. I had a chance to pick up an iPhone 4S today but this phone made me turn it down without a second thought.

terrain

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Nope- after using the TB for the past months I'm used to tethering it to a AC outlet..... Battery Capacity looks to be good but until we get to run it on LTE we will not know for sure.

furbymac

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
my only question before i decide weather or not this is a deal breaker for me is....what if, for rom sake, this thing gets stuck in a boot loop or freezes? how do you re-boot it without the option of a battery pull? i know even my girl friends phone which is 100% bone stock freezes and we have to pull the battery sometimes and if i have to take the phone to verizon everytime it freezes i will say no. If there is some type of reset button or something along those lines then hell yea this will be my next phone. I loved my razr back in the day and i love my droid now. Sticking them both together is going to be amazing.

dontlookatme

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I know the battery won't last me much. So Idk...
shoot, the extended battery on my tbolt is barely enough fo me to make it throughout the day. im up by 8 and by 5 it's in the charger.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
I know the battery won't last me much. So Idk...
shoot, the extended battery on my tbolt is barely enough fo me to make it throughout the day. im up by 8 and by 5 it's in the charger.

But you can bludgeon small animals with your phone if you have to.... so you got that going for you.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
There will be a way to reset it. Just like my XOOM. If it needs a reset you hold down power and volume down (I believe...it's something like that).

It isn't going to stop me. I returned my Bionic today, bought a used Droid X2 on the local classifieds to get me by (already sold my POS Thunderbolt) and I'm good to go.

I actually like the Droid X2 better than the Thunderbolt! The Thunderbolt was buggy. The Bionic was cool, but I figured if I'm going to invest $600+ into a phone (phone plus car dock plus 2 x desk dock + lapdock) it had better be the latest and great. I'll rock the X2 for a few weeks...it will make me like the RAZR that much better.

AeroEngi

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't think its a deal breaker as long as there is some way to restart the phone if it ever freezes, which I'm sure there will be.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Yes, a sealed battery will stop me from buying this phone.. for a couple reasons.

1. (Personal) I hate how thin/light phones are getting today. I don't want $700 piece of technology to feel like it might shatter if I sneeze on it.

2. (Practical) Even if this phone has "Good" battery life, what that really means is "GOOD for an LTE phone".... which is still terrible amongst non LTE phones.. No LTE phone currently comes close to a full days usage off the charger without massive tweaking of features (toggling radios) and/or an extended battery.

3. (Practical, but speculative) I have, in the past 5 years, had 3 different phone batteries stop accepting charge/die before the phones they where in encountered any serious problems. A replacement battery is under $70. If this phone's battery encounters a similar issue... what then? Would I now have to replace an entire phone because of a battery? Even a best case scenario involves having to take the phone in to a technician and be potentially without a phone for days... Either way the situation is unacceptable for me as a consumer.

wowpaw

Feb 8, 2010
Visit site
my only question before i decide weather or not this is a deal breaker for me is....what if, for rom sake, this thing gets stuck in a boot loop or freezes? how do you re-boot it without the option of a battery pull? i know even my girl friends phone which is 100% bone stock freezes and we have to pull the battery sometimes and if i have to take the phone to verizon everytime it freezes i will say no. If there is some type of reset button or something along those lines then hell yea this will be my next phone. I loved my razr back in the day and i love my droid now. Sticking them both together is going to be amazing.

This is my main concern as well

equake

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The iPhone has a sealed battery and so do most Honeycomb tablets and this has not stopped Hacks being created for these devices. It behooves Google and the handset maker to put out a solid ROM for their H/W.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463