Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Quote Originally Posted by DM_Droid View Post
    I feel the same way. Heck I still have the OG Droid from release day! And I'm running Froyo 2.2.2 and I don't mind at all! I don't know why people are obsessed with having the latest Android OS!? I'd rather have a stable one that's been tweaked and the kinks worked out.

I'm going for the Razr because honestly I like the design and unique features compared to the Nexus. AND, I can wait a few months for ICS. Heck for me Gingergread 2.3.5 and all that the Razr has to offer will be a big upgrade coming from my OG Droid.
    Yes, yes, yes. Agree with every word.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Default Re: Deciding between the razr and nexus

I really haven't decided yet and won't until both phones are releases, but one concern I have with the Razr is that it has the bottons already on the phone which isnt a big deal until ICS is released for it and then you have the bottons on the bezel as well as on the screen. Kind of bothers me for some reason. Anybody else?
    Banned

Global Posts
    664 Global Posts
    ROM
    Lithium

No need to worry, you can disable to screen buttons on ICS.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Yeah definitely. People shouldn't be worried about this. That's what's great about Android! They'll just go into ICS and disable the software buttons and re-route the commands like before to the physical buttons. This can't be a big problem from the software end.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Well after very minor procrastination, I put an order in for a Razr yesterday. My OGD is starting to fade (but running strong via CM7.0.2). And after actually getting a "hands on" with the Razr from a tester (name and location withheld for obvious reasons), I am completely sold on this beautiful device!! I still can't get over how superior this device is to the Bionic. The camera was virtually flawless as well (I just hope the same can be said for the final production release). The tester told me that he had talk/browsing times of 11.5 hrs. on one charge (done with constant 4G LTE).
    All I can say is that I'm looking forward to receiving my Razr on the 11th.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    http://squintzy.mybrute.com
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by cmorty72 View Post
    Well after very minor procrastination, I put an order in for a Razr yesterday. My OGD is starting to fade (but running strong via CM7.0.2). And after actually getting a "hands on" with the Razr from a tester (name and location withheld for obvious reasons), I am completely sold on this beautiful device!! I still can't get over how superior this device is to the Bionic. The camera was virtually flawless as well (I just hope the same can be said for the final production release). The tester told me that he had talk/browsing times of 11.5 hrs. on one charge (done with constant 4G LTE).
    All I can say is that I'm looking forward to receiving my Razr on the 11th.
    How was the shutter lag, or lack of, on the camera?

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by SSHGuru View Post
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I can for sure live with that.
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

Camera is on par with the iphone
    cmorty72#AC and AeroEngi like this.
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Thumbs up Re: Deciding between the razr and nexus

Quote Originally Posted by androidatic View Post
    How was the shutter lag, or lack of, on the camera?

Sent from my Droid, the only mobile OS that matters.
    After taking two pics, I'd have to say there was virtually no shutter speed.
    The camera is far superior to what can be found in the Bionic, D3, and of course my OGD.
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr
    The bending unit

ROM
    Stock (so far)

Quote Originally Posted by Androidrookie84 View Post
    Camera is on par with the iphone
    As for questions about the camera... THIS^^
    Droid -{+_+}- Razr

If we can root the Razr, I think I'll go with this over the Nexus. Ultimately it'll come down to in-store testing of the two, but man I sure love the way the Razr looks. Time will tell...
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
    CynicX likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Turtleman View Post
    If we can root the Razr, I think I'll go with this over the Nexus. Ultimately it'll come down to in-store testing of the two, but man I sure love the way the Razr looks. Time will tell...
    There's already one-click root for the RAZR:

Ejoy!
    Thanked by:

I am going with the new RAZR, stopped by the Verizon store today and played with it for about 15 min, I was blown away with the quality, speed, screen resolution, size etc. I can wait on ICS, GB does everything I need for now and I am not a fan of Samsung, they just seem to have a cheaper build quality, look, and feel. Which phone would you be more willing to show your friends? People have been worried about the sealed battery, the iphones and ipods have sealed batteries and have sold bazillions. There are several ways to address re-charging without swapping batteries. I think sealed batteries are going to be the standard in the market instead of the exception, I am typing on my Alienware laptop which has a sealed battery - no issue.

Can't wait to get the new RAZR!
    AeroEngi likes this.

Global Posts
    37 Global Posts

I was going for the nexus but after reviewing the specs on both does the galaxy nexus have any control over the battery drain. Razr at least has put something there to extend life. Also the release of Nexus is a question. I'm going to give the Razr a try for a couple of days and if it doesn't live up to my expectations then it does back to Verizon. As far as the battery sealed. I've got two iPhones and had no issues with the batteries. For what Verizon is asking to buy a 4G phone, I'm going to try both out and see which is the winner. Just wish the Galaxy Nexus was coming out first.

I'm leaning toward the Nexus. Early information on this phone said the processor is overclocked to 1.2, and almost every review I read talks about the phone over heating with limited use casuing the phone to slow down.

Nexus is underclocked to 1.2 from 1.5 so I am guessing over heating won't be an issue with the nexus.

Global Posts
    1,371 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock unrooted

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post
    I'm leaning toward the Nexus. Early information on this phone said the processor is overclocked to 1.2, and almost every review I read talks about the phone over heating with limited use casuing the phone to slow down.

Nexus is underclocked to 1.2 from 1.5 so I am guessing over heating won't be an issue with the nexus.
    The razr isn't overclocked. The processor runs at 1.2 gig stock.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    4G LTE Thunderbolt

Global Posts
    690 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Willis View Post

Post up those alleged reviews saying that the phone overheats due to overclocking.
    TvTechGuru likes this.

RAZR overclocked out of the box?

This thread says different, I've seen it talked about i several different places. Razr is overclocked 4430 and gn is underclocked 4460. Whether is's true or not, the tech reviews are saying it is overheating easily. I'm not saying the 4430 is casuing the heat issue, and I am not sure if the unit getting hot is anything to worry about, I am just wondering if the 4430 is overclocked to 1.2 what kind of issues could that cause?

Here is one review that talks about overheating.
    Last edited by Willis; 11-09-2011 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Adding a link

Motorola you failed me. I wanted a razr with a good battery and a great camera. Heck with the thickness. So sad they just lost my business. The reviews are saying the galaxy camera and battery are both better. Sucks

Any different news out there?

The camera on the RAZR is phenomenal. Much better in low light conditions then my old X and it has very little (almost none) shutter lag. I'm very impressed.

I have not seen any 4G galaxy nexus reviews, the cdma variety. WE know nothing other than it will be slightly thicker

I'd rather motorola put a thicker battery on their phone and make it a flat back instead of the hump. Imagine the battery life on that device if they did that. The phone at it's thickest doesn't even look that thick. Heck, Even if the phone was as thick as my DX on the hump but a flat back and a huge battery, I would take that over other Android device. Even if it had a sealed battery.
    Droid RAZR MAXX/Xoom/4510 LTE MiFi

People need to stop making up stuff. Nexus isn't even out yet and the RAZR tomorrow. Not enough people have used either phone enough to validate any of the above speculations. I'm still getting the RAZR. If it's really that bad I'll hold on to it until the Nexus, but I'm confident it will be all it's hyped up to be... Battery life, camera and all.

It IS all its cracked up to be. I can say that for sure after12 hours with it. this is one awesome phone, I mean computer.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast