Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
10-25-2011 02:26 PM
31 replies
Like Tree2Likes
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I'm going to take the dive. Wondering how many people are in the same spot. I know I'm going to like the phone alot, I've really liked all the Motorola phones I've had in the past. I just hope they don't release RAZR 2 a few months down the line. I would think this would be their flagship phone for awhile, even after what happened with the Bionic. Either way, I'm ready for the launch.
  2. #2  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    811 Posts
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I have been sitting on 2 upgrades since July waiting for something like this. By the end of next month I will be sitting on one upgrade patiently awaiting CES. Very patiently, as it is easier to wait when you aren't in the market just yet...
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    If I don't like the GN I will be buying the Razr off contract... :-)
  4. #4  
    the one and only M's Avatar

    Posts
    404 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock/CM

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    I just hope they don't release RAZR 2 a few months down the line. I would think this would be their flagship phone for awhile, even after what happened with the Bionic. Either way, I'm ready for the launch.
    I would feel 1000 times worse than bionic users are feeling now if Moto decided to show off something way better at ces. I don't think that'll happen though.
  5. #5  
    bkorver's Avatar

    Posts
    811 Posts
    Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    I would feel 1000 times worse than bionic users are feeling now if Moto decided to show off something way better at ces. I don't think that'll happen though.
    I'm sure they will, you can rest easy in the fact it won't launch until next September, though...
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Yeah, I will be. Not exactly happy about it but hey that's how technology goes these days.
  7. #7  
    heraldo's Avatar

    Posts
    188 Posts
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I will. It's not really that grand of a premium to pay over contract price.
    Droid3r likes this.
  8. #8  
    jimmyk0789's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Carrier
    CM7Droid1,rooted stock TB

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul-c View Post
    I'm going to take the dive. Wondering how many people are in the same spot. I know I'm going to like the phone alot, I've really liked all the Motorola phones I've had in the past. I just hope they don't release RAZR 2 a few months down the line. I would think this would be their flagship phone for awhile, even after what happened with the Bionic. Either way, I'm ready for the launch.

    If the bionic released like it should have back in may it wouldn't be so.bad for the bionic
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I got the bionic about a month ago, and I didn't know about the droid razr. If I would have known I would have saved my upgrade until it comes out. But I do love my bionic though. Especially coming back to android after iPhone.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I plan on it. Have a Thunderbolt right now, getting tired of the freezing up and HTC Sense force closing on me all the time. Had the OG DROID and never had any issues, ao I guess I'll go back to Motorola.
    rkklinke likes this.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I'll be buying one of the big 3 off contract coming to Verizon. Hell I may try all 3 before deciding. There's things about each of them I just love...
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Seriously contemplating this so that i can save my upgrade
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I was going to get one until I checked and found out it is not a global phone. Looks like Moto and/or VZW won't go Global on an 4G phone. Speed... .Speed and more Speed.
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I already Pre Order Motorola Razr and already Unlock from mobicity.com.au (Australia) with price AUD 699 (without shipping).
    I think Motorola Razr / Motorola Droid Razr will be in the market around 10 or 11 November 2011.
    I cant post link.
  15. #15  

    Default

    I'm seriously contemplating it. Currently have a TBolt and already saved six hundred up for a phone. But the Rezound is looking more and more sweeter. Decisions, decisions

    Sent from my TBolt using Tapatalk
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Motorola Mobility will have more than 1 Motorola Razr. Motorola Razr is a part of Motorola Slim Line Series.
  17. #17  

    Default

    I am thinking of buying it full retail. I like the docks this device has. Unless HTC comes out with something sweet with awesome accesories. Always liked the HTC devices. Never liked the razr. Maybe Cus I didnt like to have the same fone as every one else. I had a Helio ocean once. Probably one of very few hundred people in my state. I liked that. So I am in a bit of quandary.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Nope, I'm buying this device at the upgrade price to replace my Thunderbolt. I paid full price for that back in March and now I'm ready for the RAZR.
  19. #19  
    MrHug3's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Carrier
    A little of this and that

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    $649. 99.... That is going to hurt.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrHug3 View Post
    $649. 99.... That is going to hurt.
    Yeah im not too happy about dropping 6 bills, and then using my upgrade few months later on the next big phone. i might just cave and use my upgrade now
  21. #21  
    MrHug3's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Carrier
    A little of this and that

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by wowpaw View Post
    Yeah im not too happy about dropping 6 bills, and then using my upgrade few months later on the next big phone. i might just cave and use my upgrade now
    Used my upgrade on the Bionic. Sold it. Decided this over Galaxy Nexus. Either way, I'm coming up off a bit.
  22. #22  
    optimus's Avatar

    Posts
    103 Posts
    Global Posts
    157 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Who else pre-ordered today @ full retail price..?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    Who else pre-ordered today @ full retail price..?
    I'm actually debating that RIGHT now as I type this.. Trying to weigh the options.. It's always these hard decisions.. I dunno what it is about NOT being tied to a contract.... Something about that freedom I suppose.. but I'm sure that extra $350 would LOVE to be FREE in my pocket too...
  24. #24  
    MrHug3's Avatar

    Posts
    102 Posts
    Carrier
    A little of this and that

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    Quote Originally Posted by optimus View Post
    Who else pre-ordered today @ full retail price..?
    I cannot say that I didn't.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Anyone else buying RAZR off contract?

    I'm debating it right now. Just sold my GTab 10.1 and can use some of that money towards it, and then I can sell my iPhone to make up the rest of the difference. So I'd basically break even. But I'm having an issue because I could swap my iPhone for a Bionic and that extra $350-400 in my pocket might feel nice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions