Just how much of a bonus is bluetooth 4.0? For sports fans?

jlee91780

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys,
So I'm really starting to lean toward the Droid Razr over NG basically because I'm a big sports fan and would like a thin enough phone not cumbersome and can be very good for my work too. I actually took a brand new Droid Bionic on a marathon and swimming (underwater case). Nobody has discussed the bluetooth 4.0 so I was wondering if this is a game changer at all. I'm big on bluetooth and not having wires and have several sets of bluetooth headphones.

My big complaint about bluetooth is that it sucks battery a lot. Some say bluetooth 4.0 is much lower energy and exercise machines can go for almost their lifetime without a charge. Will this be reflected in the phone when its on bluetooth mode? Will audio sound better? Supposedly bluetooth compresses audio and thus Apple Airplay justifies Wifi. Also, they are trumpetting all the connections to be made with exercise machines; I've always thought any tracking like heart rate monitoring on any exercise machine was crappy so I'm not sure this is so exciting at all. However, I'm getting more and more into running and really would like the latest tech to keep track of exercise parameters so maybe better things coming? Lastly, not sports related, but I read somewhere some industry is trying to push bluetooth 4.0 for payments over NFC so another reason to buy over NG?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wacky23