Converting from Droid X to RAZR

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
This will be my first time switching Android devices, so I'm curious about the switch over. My questions lie with the apps that I have. Especially the games. Am I going to have to start from scratch on Angry Birds, or is there a way to back up my progress from my X and restore to the RAZR?

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Yup, what he said but ya gotta use the same SD card or transfer the titanium backup file to the new SD card and restore from there.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Not rooted. I also use a password keeper app, so I need to figure out how to transfer that data too.
What app are you using and your gonna have to root to back up all the data to a file you can restore from on the Razr. Due to restrictions in not rooted os you can't access the data to back it up without superuser permissions. Sorry for the bad news. But root is easy to obtain without data loss.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I use Keeper for passwords (free version). I'm contemplating the $10/year version, but I could also just re-enter the data. for the games, what if I backed up say Angry Birds using Astro, then copy the backup file over to the new phone, and install the app from that. let me guess, it only backs up the app, right?

PhyscoAssassinX

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I use Keeper for passwords (free version). I'm contemplating the $10/year version, but I could also just re-enter the data. for the games, what if I backed up say Angry Birds using Astro, then copy the backup file over to the new phone, and install the app from that. let me guess, it only backs up the app, right?

sorry bro astro only backs up apps not app data

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
what about the settings in Privacy -> Backup My Data ?

That will only back up contacts and the like. Another free password option is pocket used with dropbox together. Both are free and pocket will auto sync to your dropbox account which is handy.because you can pull it up via dropbox on any PC if ya need to.access your.info. plus I just think pockets ui is better. But again gonna have to root to backup all your data man.

kklier

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
Rooting on the X is easy.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, search the market there are several apps available to backup your Angry Birds scores...for all three versions.

bberrynewbie84

Galaxy nexus!
Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I'm coming over from the Droid x as well,I ordered mines early this morning,so it should be here Friday. I'm going to test it out for about a week,if I like how it performs over that time I will keep it.

ArtieTheOneManParty

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Sorry about the (possibly) stupid questions, but is there any issue in just taking the sd card out of my X and using it in the RAZR ? That way, all of my music, pictures, videos, ringtones, etc come over?

projektorboy

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
Sorry about the (possibly) stupid questions, but is there any issue in just taking the sd card out of my X and using it in the RAZR ? That way, all of my music, pictures, videos, ringtones, etc come over?

There shouldn't be an issue. You will want to delete the ".android.secure" folder before moving it over though. Sometimes that folder can cause glitches when moving SD cards.

husweety

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I currently have a Droid X (version 2.3.3 system version 4.5.605), Im ordering the RAZR tomorrow and want to backup my data on the X for a smooth transfer with this Titanium thing you guys mentioned. It seems the only way I can backup my data is by rooting my X first right?....but the only way i can root my X is by downgrading to os 2.2 then unrooting and rooting again right?....The only problem with this is i think this process will make me lose all the data on my X defeating the purpose of the root in the first place so does anyone know a way around this? Is there any way to root my X without losing all my data?

Last edited:

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys,

I currently have a Droid X (version 2.3.3 system version 4.5.605), Im ordering the RAZR tomorrow and want to backup my data on the X for a smooth transfer with this Titanium thing you guys mentioned. It seems the only way I can backup my data is by rooting my X first right?....but the only way i can root my X is by downgrading to os 2.2 then unrooting and rooting again right?....The only problem with this is i think this process will make me lose all the data on my X defeating the purpose of the root in the first place so does anyone know a way around this? Is there any way to root my X without losing all my data?
No no search around there are multiple routes to take to achieve root on Gingerbread without going back to 2.2.

dacp283

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
I personally would wipe the card of everything but your pictures, music, ringtones, and download folder. It gives the razr a clean slate to start building files instead of possibly having multiples of files or conflicts between files on the card and the file system the razr will create. SD card maintenance is a good thing anyway

chefed24

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Noob question but do you copy to the sd card on razor or into the internal sd card and inside of the existing titanium backup folder
Also to you have to copy app folders over thanks in advance

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez