1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Converting from Droid X to RAZR

This will be my first time switching Android devices, so I'm curious about the switch over. My questions lie with the apps that I have. Especially the games. Am I going to have to start from scratch on Angry Birds, or is there a way to back up my progress from my X and restore to the RAZR?

Global Posts
    3 Global Posts

Default Re: Converting from Droid X to RAZR

If you're rooted, you can use Titanium backup to back up and restore all your apps +data to your new phone.

Yup, what he said but ya gotta use the same SD card or transfer the titanium backup file to the new SD card and restore from there.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by dacp283 View Post
    Yup, what he said but ya gotta use the same SD card or transfer the titanium backup file to the new SD card and restore from there.
    Not rooted. I also use a password keeper app, so I need to figure out how to transfer that data too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtieTheOneManParty View Post
    Not rooted. I also use a password keeper app, so I need to figure out how to transfer that data too.
    What app are you using and your gonna have to root to back up all the data to a file you can restore from on the Razr. Due to restrictions in not rooted os you can't access the data to back it up without superuser permissions. Sorry for the bad news. But root is easy to obtain without data loss.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I use Keeper for passwords (free version). I'm contemplating the $10/year version, but I could also just re-enter the data. for the games, what if I backed up say Angry Birds using Astro, then copy the backup file over to the new phone, and install the app from that. let me guess, it only backs up the app, right?

Global Posts
    208 Global Posts
    ROM
    Dev Alliance Sense 5.0

I use Keeper for passwords (free version). I'm contemplating the $10/year version, but I could also just re-enter the data. for the games, what if I backed up say Angry Birds using Astro, then copy the backup file over to the new phone, and install the app from that. let me guess, it only backs up the app, right?
    sorry bro astro only backs up apps not app data
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

what about the settings in Privacy -> Backup My Data ?

what about the settings in Privacy -> Backup My Data ?
    That will only back up contacts and the like. Another free password option is pocket used with dropbox together. Both are free and pocket will auto sync to your dropbox account which is handy.because you can pull it up via dropbox on any PC if ya need to.access your.info. plus I just think pockets ui is better. But again gonna have to root to backup all your data man.

And sorry for all the periods, new keyboard I'm trying and keep missing the spacebar lol.

Global Posts
    155 Global Posts

Rooting on the X is easy.

Okay, now that that is out of the way, search the market there are several apps available to backup your Angry Birds scores...for all three versions.

You need Titanium Backup Pro to be able to back up all the app data and transfer it, right?
    Galaxy Note 3 & Nexus 7 (16 GB)

If I helped you or you like what I said, hit "Thanks" or "Like".
    Galaxy nexus!

Global Posts
    624 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock 2.3.4

I'm coming over from the Droid x as well,I ordered mines early this morning,so it should be here Friday. I'm going to test it out for about a week,if I like how it performs over that time I will keep it.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Sorry about the (possibly) stupid questions, but is there any issue in just taking the sd card out of my X and using it in the RAZR ? That way, all of my music, pictures, videos, ringtones, etc come over?

ROM
    Eclipse 2.1/Rooted .608

Sorry about the (possibly) stupid questions, but is there any issue in just taking the sd card out of my X and using it in the RAZR ? That way, all of my music, pictures, videos, ringtones, etc come over?
    There shouldn't be an issue. You will want to delete the ".android.secure" folder before moving it over though. Sometimes that folder can cause glitches when moving SD cards.

Download appbrain, it will remember all of your apps and restore them on your new phone.

Hi guys,

I currently have a Droid X (version 2.3.3 system version 4.5.605), Im ordering the RAZR tomorrow and want to backup my data on the X for a smooth transfer with this Titanium thing you guys mentioned. It seems the only way I can backup my data is by rooting my X first right?....but the only way i can root my X is by downgrading to os 2.2 then unrooting and rooting again right?....The only problem with this is i think this process will make me lose all the data on my X defeating the purpose of the root in the first place so does anyone know a way around this? Is there any way to root my X without losing all my data?
    Last edited by husweety; 11-10-2011 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by husweety View Post
    Hi guys,

I currently have a Droid X (version 2.3.3 system version 4.5.605), Im ordering the RAZR tomorrow and want to backup my data on the X for a smooth transfer with this Titanium thing you guys mentioned. It seems the only way I can backup my data is by rooting my X first right?....but the only way i can root my X is by downgrading to os 2.2 then unrooting and rooting again right?....The only problem with this is i think this process will make me lose all the data on my X defeating the purpose of the root in the first place so does anyone know a way around this? Is there any way to root my X without losing all my data?
    No no search around there are multiple routes to take to achieve root on Gingerbread without going back to 2.2.

I personally would wipe the card of everything but your pictures, music, ringtones, and download folder. It gives the razr a clean slate to start building files instead of possibly having multiples of files or conflicts between files on the card and the file system the razr will create. SD card maintenance is a good thing anyway

Noob question but do you copy to the sd card on razor or into the internal sd card and inside of the existing titanium backup folder
    Also to you have to copy app folders over thanks in advance