Battery life thread

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I left my phone unplugged last night to test the standby and it went down by 10%. So far so good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

jcapen87

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I left my phone unplugged last night to test the standby and it went down by 10%. So far so good.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Day 2...

Had it off the charger since 9 (8.5 hours), on 3G. Some texting, Kik messenging, ScoreMobile sending me updates on 2 NFL games. 80% left.

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
First day of full charge. Took it off the charger at 6:30am. WiFi on all day. 4G about 5 of the 10 hours so far (I have Smart Actions set up to turn off 4G when I'm home). Moderate/light usage...2 email accounts, Twitter, G+, about a dozen texts, three 10 minute calls and just some general messing around with the phone. It's now 5:00pm and I have 60% battery left.

I can say for sure that this is better than I would get with my Tbolt. I'd be at 20-30% left. My real test will be tomorrow when I go back to work. Stay tuned........

TvTechGuru

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
The more detailed battery usage reports posted the more it appears that the battery life is pretty good on the RAZR. From the looks of it, seems like if you use Smart Actions and have other basic things turned off when you don't use/need them, you'll get good life.

I was going to get the RAZR on release day but decided to wait and see how everyone faired with it. Now I might make the purchase this week. It appears the only worry people had was the battery and that seems to be alright.

As long as there aren't any other problems with the phone, I'm getting it. Not gonna wait for the Nexus when we don't have a release date yet.

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
How do you reset the Battery Use information? The detailed info about what's using what percentage of the battery?

Most of you seem to be getting great performance from your battery and I'm just the opposite. From taking it out of the charger at about 7:30AM, I hit the 20% mark around 6PM. 4G is enabled, WiFi enabled, but nothing else (no BT or GPS at all). Hoping I can figure this out!

-AJ

Super Turtleman

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
So far battery is sounding good overall (my only real concern). Still waiting to hopefully hear something about the Nexus. I'd like to do a side-by-side comparison. Geez, you'd think they'd want to sell the damned thing.

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
My battery experience hasn't been that good -- and I'm a bit concerned. This is LEAPS and bounds worse than my Thunderbolt, which was the worst battery I'd ever experienced!

Got my RAZR on the 12th.

Wi-Fi: never on
GPS: off
Brightness: zero
No social widgets/feeds
Email polls every 30 minutes
4G service is strong in my area.

Charge it every night -- I took my phone off the charger at 6 am, it's now 10:17, and I'm at 49%. I teach during the day, and I don't even USE it!

What can be causing this? Apps?

lwoodsjr

May 1, 2010
Visit site
How do you setup S.A. to turn off 4G? Is that the "cellular data" toggle?

In SA, cellular data is the one you want to choose. It will give you the option of enable or disable. I have two Smart Actions set up. When I am at home and on my home wifi or at work on work wifi it disables the cellular data and uses the wifi. You still get calls and texts, just no data.

Zorro1

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
All day off charger until bedtime...all radios on, mostly on Wifi, some surfing, checked emails, a few texts, grabbed a few apps, checked some sports scores, held until about 50% when I tossed it to charge and headed for bed. So pretty light use, but again, it's early in the battery life, too.

lens pirate

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I am getting GREAT battery life.
Turned of 4g unless I need it then I turn it on.
Smart action #1 Turn off cell data and connect to wifi and home and work.
Smart action #2 NIghttime with motion trigger to over ride. Turn off cell data, wifi, back ground sync

Light use, two or three short calls Email checks and super light web browseing. After 24 hours it was still at 80 percent.

If Use my extra charger at work, my car mount and home charger I can not see EVER running out of juice I am 100 PERCENT happy with battery life. Seem Just as good as my droid x

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm completely stunned -- now I'm wondering if it's something I've downloaded that's killing the battery so badly?

ADW? Beautiful widget weather/clock widget? Other than that, I only have news apps that aren't running constantly (click-->run)

tspeice87

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Still getting HORRIBLE battery life. I really hope it's something I have set up incorrectly. Love the phone but can't deal with this battery life. Took it off the charger this morning and I am already at 40% after 4 hours. I've only used it to check e-mail once and do some texting and social media browsing. If anyone is willing to help me please let me know.

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Battery life rocks here. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS are always on. This morning I listened to music using Motocast for an hour at the gym, took a 30 minute phone call on the way to work, and I've since surfed the Web for about 20 minutes, sent some text and emails and I'm at 70%.

Took the phone off the charger at 5:00 and it's now 11:30. 6.5 hours and 30% it's good in my book.

Oh yeah, all this is with LTE on as well.

My Thunderbolt would be almost dead by now.

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Still getting HORRIBLE battery life. I really hope it's something I have set up incorrectly. Love the phone but can't deal with this battery life. Took it off the charger this morning and I am already at 40% after 4 hours. I've only used it to check e-mail once and do some texting and social media browsing. If anyone is willing to help me please let me know.

I feel your pain! I don't know what's happening. I might just take it in for an exchange.

I Just took it off the charger, AND WITHIN 5 MINUTES, IM AT 90%

WHAT IS GOING ON????

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Battery life rocks here. WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS are always on. This morning I listened to music using Motocast for an hour at the gym, took a 30 minute phone call on the way to work, and I've since surfed the Web for about 20 minutes, sent some text and emails and I'm at 70%.

Took the phone off the charger at 5:00 and it's now 11:30. 6.5 hours and 30% it's good in my book.

Oh yeah, all this is with LTE on as well.

My Thunderbolt would be almost dead by now.

Running any home replacements? Widgets at all?:eek:

dhendriksen

Android Addict
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Running any home replacements? Widgets at all?:eek:

No home screen replacement. I have some widgets. I have the widget with contacts, I use several instances of Circle Widget, a couple of Widgetsoid widgets that I made, etc... I haven't got my homescreens all laid out yet, but I'm getting close.

I should add that I have 5 emails accounts. 3 GMAIL, 1 Yahoo and 1 Corporate Exchange. All set to push.

Here's an update. It's now 3:11 PM. The battery is at 50%. I was in the car for about 15 minutes with it in the dock, but I spent about an hour on the phone, and about 30 or 45 minutes surfing the web/facebook while I was waiting for my client that ran late to lunch.

This battery rocks. FAR better than any other 4G phone in the lineup, that's for sure.

Agpe17

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
No home screen replacement. I have some widgets. I have the widget with contacts, I use several instances of Circle Widget, a couple of Widgetsoid widgets that I made, etc... I haven't got my homescreens all laid out yet, but I'm getting close.

I should add that I have 5 emails accounts. 3 GMAIL, 1 Yahoo and 1 Corporate Exchange. All set to push.

Here's an update. It's now 3:11 PM. The battery is at 50%. I was in the car for about 15 minutes with it in the dock, but I spent about an hour on the phone, and about 30 or 45 minutes surfing the web/facebook while I was waiting for my client that ran late to lunch.

This battery rocks. FAR better than any other 4G phone in the lineup, that's for sure.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I'm dumbfounded. Here I am. No widgets, running ADW, brightness is OFF TOTALLY -- 0%, one email account set to fetch every 30 mins, and great 4G service...and I'm at 80% after taking this off the charger an hour ago with NO USE.

I don't understand. I'm returning the device if this doesn't change by the end of the week. It's absolutely abysmal.