Any rooted RAZR owners yet?

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I know the phone just became public but I was wondering if any of the wireless or usb tethering apps worked with this phone or not?

aweber1nj

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
That looks like it links to Pete's scripts. Hmm. I would've been sure that would work. Do you know if it gave you any errors or indication of what went "wrong"?

wlawyer

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
That's the same method that I posted above. I just linked directly to there Pieman posted on the forum.

The Cookie is all yours man, just posting what worked for me. I messed up the first time and didn't add the check for "unknown sources" so SU didnt install. Good luck with it.

ghoticov

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
The Cookie is all yours man, just posting what worked for me. I messed up the first time and didn't add the check for "unknown sources" so SU didnt install. Good luck with it.

I don't like cookies. lol

Actually, I only said what I did so people know that it is the same method (that we posted) so they don't get confused as to which method works and which doesn't.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Rooted 20 minutes after picking it up.
Rooted by a combination of manually pushing stuff then running the script.
I then pushed all the binaries after getting temp root.
I then modified mount_ext3.sh to keep root even after a hard reset.

shadrap

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I haven't rooted yet, I am on vacation. But thought I would see if anyone would try the sqlite hack that worked for free mobile hotspot on the bionic.

If you don't know what I am talking about just look at youtube for Bionic Free Tethering. There are lots of videos.

This worked awesome on the bionic and I hope it does on the Razr.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy