Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Internal Memory less than 16GB?

A friend of mine picked up the DROID Razr and discovered something. In the device settings, under Storage, the device is only showing 8GB of internal space, with 2GB dedicated to app storage, so around 10GB. Usually, when I've seen phones, they always show around 14GB for internal storage, with the other 2GB being used for app storage and the OS.

Anyone else seeing this problem?

Default Re: Internal Memory less than 16GB?

Yeah mine said the same thing, very odd.

It says on most reviews that it is 8 gigs for internal. 2gigs for apps. And the rest for the webtop

Global Posts
    126 Global Posts

The Bionic is the same way. 8gb is for you and the other 8gb is for the phone/system/etc. So you actually get 24 gb.
    HTC One - T Mobile - DrickDroid 8.0
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I wish there was a way to get around that webtop software. Oh well. Thanks guys!

It's actually:
    8 GB for internal storage
    3 GB for app storage
    ~4 GB for system and webtop
    Thanked by:

I've noticed that, when I first got the iPhone 3G I noticed the 8GB really meant 6.5GB, due to app storage and phone system. The same seems to go for the RAZR. I checked the internal memory in the phone: settings>phone storage and it clearly says 8GB.