Razr first charge (before turning on)

nevildev

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Step 3: Charge up for 3 hours before turning on phone. "It's important to fully charge phone before turning on smartphone"

It's important because if you don't you screw total battery life of the phone??? or because there may not be enough juice to go through all the initial settings???

Completely newbie question to internal non-removable batteries... If you don't do the 3 hour initial charge and instead turn on the phone immediately, will it negatively affect total battery life? Probably not, but I'm still curious about it...

paul-c

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
You won't screw the battery life up if you don't charge it before use. Motorola sets out guidelines, but they also know most people won't read the manual. That being said, if you do follow what they say you will probably get slightly better battery life, but not really enough to matter greatly. I let the phone die after the first few hours out of the box and then fully charged it up again. I wouldn't worry about it, honestly.

nevildev

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
thanks, I'm just being paranoid about utilizing 100% of the battery...since we only have one for the lifetime of the device (unless you have ifixit skills)