Kevlar - not at all scratchproof - (USER ERROR!)

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Picked up the RAZR today. Haven't messed with it much yet - still trying to give it a full charge before really diving into it.

One thing I have noticed is that the back really scratches easily, which was the opposite of my expectations. My phone had 2 stickers with barcodes on them on the back of my phone. Using my fingernail to pry them off created some significant scratches on the surface. Not quite sure if these were scratches or just remnants of the stickers, I did some prying with my fingernail, and this thing scratches like crazy. Isn't the Kevlar supposed to make it scratch proof? Am I missing something?

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Dont feel bad....I thought the exact same thing...lol I even mention this when posting about the RAZR from time to time now.

There shoulda been a 'Pull" indicator for the back like the front. Its the battery tab thing for the Droid X1 all over again...lol

Davenurse

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I actually took it back to the store thinking the kevlar backing was coming off lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
So OP, was it the kevlar that was scratched or just the protective film that was scratched?

I chose to leave that film with barcodes on. It looks a little ridiculous but at least the Kevlar is somewhat protected.

the one and only M

Nov 7, 2009
Visit site
Good to know. I think I still may keep that film on though. So the barcodes are on top of the film and not actually part of the film? Will I be able to remove them while leaving the film intact?

pwrmetal

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Good to know. I think I still may keep that film on though. So the barcodes are on top of the film and not actually part of the film? Will I be able to remove them while leaving the film intact?

Yes, but when I did it, the film got scuffed/scratched which lead me down the rabbit hole in the first place. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX