1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Android Connaisseur

Global Posts
    2,600 Global Posts

Default Can I put my Bionic sim card in the Razr?

Might pick up a Razr today. Can I just swap the card over, or do I still need to program the Razr on the Verizon website?

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I put my Bionic sim card in the Razr?

You cannot use the same sim. With the razr its a micro sim. Youll need a new one if you switch to razr
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

If you cut the sim down you will. Razr uses micro sims. Or you can just get a new sim and buy or make yourself an adapter.

Quote Originally Posted by the one and only M View Post
    If you cut the sim down you will. Razr uses micro sims. Or you can just get a new sim and buy or make yourself an adapter.

just FYI you actually won't be able to cut the sim down like AT&T sims. Verizon changed the entire sim card. it's not just a smaller verison of the same sim, it now has a completely different contact on it. the contacts are now a gold square rather than a rectangle. I thought I could do the same thing at first but when I went to see if my RAZR sim would fit into my Bionic with a sim adaptor I realized the differences. Also with Verizon it still requires a IMEI change in order to get the phone to work properly.

ROM
    Warm Z Twopointtwo RLS1

Quote Originally Posted by MbR24 View Post
    just FYI you actually won't be able to cut the sim down like AT&T sims. Verizon changed the entire sim card. it's not just a smaller verison of the same sim, it now has a completely different contact on it. the contacts are now a gold square rather than a rectangle. I thought I could do the same thing at first but when I went to see if my RAZR sim would fit into my Bionic with a sim adaptor I realized the differences. Also with Verizon it still requires a IMEI change in order to get the phone to work properly.
    i took a sim card from a bionic i bought on craigslist and cut it down and taped my razr sim to it and it works great in my bionic. 4g and everything.
    inserted and dialed *228 and i was up and running

Global Posts
    1,381 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock/CM

Other users have also replied saying their micro sim works with an adapter in previous 4G devices. I personally can't get mine to work in my tbolt.

Global Posts
    73 Global Posts

Ahhh why change sim cards...the razr comes with its on 4G LTE sim card.