Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

ROM
    das bamf 3.0 rc4

Default Re: Battery life tips and tricks

On the brightness setting leave on auto and check dim for battery life.

TURN OFF POCKET DETECTION MODE ALSO!!! I have found this helps tremendously.

Global Posts
    329 Global Posts

Brightness has ALWAYS been down to ZERO.

I don't even have 4G on and I've had to recharge TWICE today -- both down 30% in charge.

Returning this tonight...
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    822 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gags1892 View Post

I don't even have 4G on and I've had to recharge TWICE today -- both down 30% in charge.

you might want to factory reset....

my phone just gets better each day.

im at 70% battery (circle battery widget)

GPS ON
    Wifi ON
    LTE ON
    brightness Auto
    sync on

with a screen on time of 1h 10min. thats better than my sgs2 was with custom battery saving rom!

My battery life seems to be improving towards the end of this first week. I just have a few smart actions set, like turning off cellular data when on wifi. Nice to see the battery starting to settle.

How many of you have the "Battery Extender" Smart Action set up to disable data when the screen is off?
    Android Addict

Global Posts
    1,699 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gags1892 View Post

You have a rogue app or something. The reason I suggested disabling background data was for a test. That is obviously not a long term solution. Do a factory reset and then don't do anything other than setup your accounts. If battery life improves then start adding apps one at a time until you find the culprit.

Global Posts
    47 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DanH View Post
    If smart actions used GPS instead of WiFi, you would need the GPS ALWAYS active and that would more than negate any battery savings smart actions can provide.
    GPS Isn't as bad of a battery as it youse to be. Unless you have a app trying to pull your GPS location all the time it should only be turning itself on from time to time. Check your battery usage stats after having your GPS on all day long I think you'll be surprised how little its actually running.
    Anonne likes this.

Global Posts
    67 Global Posts

For me the biggest battery saver for me is having Background Syncing Turned Off when the Display is off, during work hours...i work in front of a computer, so i dont really need it then. It may sound simple and it maybe something you could have done manually without Smart Actions but, the fact that i dont even have to think about it is a big help for me.
    Anonne likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ether813 View Post
    For me the biggest battery saver for me is having Background Syncing Turned Off when the Display is off, during work hours...i work in front of a computer, so i dont really need it then. It may sound simple and it maybe something you could have done manually without Smart Actions but, the fact that i dont even have to think about it is a big help for me.
    Me too. I had to disable background sync while my screen is off and enable when the screen is on in smart actions. Two separate actions. I use exchange email set to push, and simply tap the power button to check for new mail. Phone on overnight and my battery only dropped 4% using circle widget.

any tips on what i should do with my battery the first time i charge it? I have the razr just arrived today. I'm thinking just charge it right up out of the box and then each time let it go down to 0 before i recharge again... any ideas or confirmation of my thoughts greatly appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by FredBassett View Post
    any tips on what i should do with my battery the first time i charge it? I have the razr just arrived today. I'm thinking just charge it right up out of the box and then each time let it go down to 0 before i recharge again... any ideas or confirmation of my thoughts greatly appreciated
    Charge it up to 100% but do not let it get down to 0% and auto shut-off.

what do you think is best to go down to? 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by FredBassett View Post
    what do you think is best to go down to? 10%?
    Let it drop to 10% once a month. Charging regularly, let it drop to about 25% or 30%. The more you let the battery discharge, the more stress it creates for the battery which will cause your total battery life to decrease quicker over time (total life cycles decrease). I'd say if you can charge it at 40% on a regular basis and then do the 10% once a month thing, then that would be good. If not, then 25% or 30% would be fine.

Set up smart actions to disable the data connection when the screen is off. Took it off the charger at 7am. ITs 8pm and im at 90% with normal use.

I installed juice defender on my razr and I get 12 to 16 hours with heavy use

also lithium based battery cells do not need to be discharged fully EVER!...DOD or depth of discharge is a big factor in how long a lithium battery lasts. The less DOD, the more charge cycles you will get out of the battery. Charge your phone whenever you can. At 100% DOD a lithium battery will last around 500 cycles. at 60% dod a lithium batter will last closer to 2,000 cycles. You do the math.
    BLLade likes this.

How do you freeze apps?
    Quote Originally Posted by robstunner View Post
    Freezing some apps can help too, just make sure you freeze the right ones. I have the IM app as well as slacker/lastfm, and all the verizon video/ringtone apps frozen. Even if it doesnt help, at least you get rid of some of that app drawer clutter.

I'm sorry to ask.... what is smart actions?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickc1015 View Post
    Me too. I had to disable background sync while my screen is off and enable when the screen is on in smart actions. Two separate actions. I use exchange email set to push, and simply tap the power button to check for new mail. Phone on overnight and my battery only dropped 4% using circle widget.

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by jzdodge View Post
    I'm sorry to ask.... what is smart actions?
    Smart actions is a program that is included in the Razr to help complete tasks for you when certain conditions are met. For example, turning off Cell data when connected to wifi. If you look in the app drawer it's there.

Quote Originally Posted by mikec917 View Post
    Smart actions is a program that is included in the Razr to help complete tasks for you when certain conditions are met. For example, turning off Cell data when connected to wifi. If you look in the app drawer it's there.
    How is this different from what you can use Tasker to do? I haven't used tasker yet, but it seems like it should be able to accomplish this and more. Or, does the razr provide something unusual that you can't get on other phones even with apps like tasker or juice defender?

So, had my Razr since Tues. Hoping that I get the "my battery is better after a week" syndrome. I'm at 20% after 3 hr.15 min. Admittedly, it's been fairly constant use, what with 10 minutes of Rhapsody, 5 minutes of Mobile Hotspot, frequent FB checking, and downloading a couple of toggle apps from Market (you can probably guess what they are!).

I was hoping for a little better. But, I will plan a little better as well, especially since I'll be using Mobile Hotspot at home a lot. I just wanted to see what the battery usage was like, so I left it off the charger. I'll be keeping it on the charger when at home. I think I'm going to disable 4g whenever I'm shopping mundane things like checking FB or streaming Rhapsody (unless I'm getting a lot of buffering

Delete double post.
    Last edited by teleburst; 02-03-2012 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jmeyers278 View Post
    also lithium based battery cells do not need to be discharged fully EVER!...DOD or depth of discharge is a big factor in how long a lithium battery lasts. The less DOD, the more charge cycles you will get out of the battery. Charge your phone whenever you can. At 100% DOD a lithium battery will last around 500 cycles. at 60% dod a lithium batter will last closer to 2,000 cycles. You do the math.
    The math is a little misleading since you will obviously recharge more often if you don't let it discharge as much.
    I'm not good enough with math to figure out the breakeven point, but it seems to me that you'd at the very least be recharging twice as often in the former scenario. So that cuts the gap by half. Right? I get your point though.

Just discovered that my live wallpaper was the reason for my rapid battery drain.

I had installed the Galactic Core (Donation version) live wallpaper
    Kittehface Software

While looking at my top battery users, it didn't show the wallpaper, just that the Android OS was using 75% of my battery.

I turned off the wallpaper a couple hours before planning to head to the Verizon store to complain about poor battery life, but when I went to check my phone (which was losing 10% life per hour at Idle) it was still at full charge. I decided to give it another couple days before suffering the Verizon tech desk.

In a test, I left my phone off the charger over-nite and it still had 60% battery left this morning. Most times if I forget to charge my phone it is completely dead in the morning.

Looks good! Plus, it charges much more rapidly than when I had the wallpaper running.

I don't know if all live wallpapers will cause this issue or just the one I purchased
    Motorola RAZR XT912

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

I believe its all the live wallpapers. It really sucks we cantget the sprinkles on top of the ice scream

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast