Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes

Default Re: Battery life tips and tricks

Quote Originally Posted by sj993 View Post
    I use battery extender, auto brightness, turned off animations, the usual gps/wifi/bluetooth off. 4G been on all the time, I've got 19% left after 23hr 50m.
    What is battery extender and what does it do?

Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    What is battery extender and what does it do?
    Battery Extender is one of many apps available to help manage your battery life by means of controlling your device in certain ways. What does that mean exactly? It could mean aid in closing down applications and various other settings that are available.

I have not personally used it because most people will agree that task killers or battery saver apps (Juice Defender/Battery Extender, etc) are usually more problems than they are worth in the long run.

People have had problems with existing apps not gelling well once these apps are put into play and other numerous reports of weird things happening..

Some people do swear by them, so I can't say they are completely useless....

Bottom line.. YMMV (Your mileage may vary) with these types of apps.
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    That was me for some of the day. Then on wifi for the majority rest. I have 18% left after almost 17 hr. Lots of texts, emails, Facebook, some phone calls, and tapatalk a plenty. I am loving this battery personally.
    How did you guys get 18%?
    Doesn't the increments go by 10%?

Quote Originally Posted by jahciple View Post
    How did you guys get 18%?
    Doesn't the increments go by 10%?
    My Revolution using battery widget gauge would do single increments which I liked but same one on Razr is in 10% increments which I dont like so maybe someone will tell us how or which app to use

Quote Originally Posted by roachman55 View Post
    My Revolution using battery widget gauge would do single increments which I liked but same one on Razr is in 10% increments which I dont like so maybe someone will tell us how or which app to use
    Battery Indicator Pro has a 1% increment hack built in.

Holy hubcaps Batman... I'm at 53% after being on battery for 4h 0m 39s

Abyssmal battery life here - I had installed the Golf Logix app for use as a GPS device during a round of golf. After pulling off the charger and heading to the range at 100%, I was at 5% on the 9th fairway after only 1 hour and 40 minutes. Absolutely atrocious.

On a RAZR, where do I turn off 3G/4G? I have options to turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, but I've can't find a toggle for 3G/4G. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by jsf119 View Post
    How is this different from what you can use Tasker to do? I haven't used tasker yet, but it seems like it should be able to accomplish this and more. Or, does the razr provide something unusual that you can't get on other phones even with apps like tasker or juice defender?
    Smart Actions is (to me) a free, pre-installed lite version of Tasker. I think Tasker has more triggers and actions, and is more powerful, but I don't know, I haven't purchased it. The thing I need most from Tasker, I have basically achieved with Smart Actions: extend battery life without rooting the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GingerLanae View Post
    On a RAZR, where do I turn off 3G/4G? I have options to turn off WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS, but I've can't find a toggle for 3G/4G. Thx.
    Underneath "data usage" there is in option for "more". Click on more and then click on mobile networks. After that, uncheck the box for data enabled.
    Advisor

Battery life tips and tricks-uploadfromtaptalk1349667654470.jpg
    I use a battery script and custom rom. I can go on average @ 2 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Current Device(s): Motorola Droid Razr
    Previous Device(s): LG Optimus S
    Always happy to help out, Just remember to hit that thanks button!

Quote Originally Posted by blackops1125 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1349667654470.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	40265
    I use a battery script and custom rom. I can go on average @ 2 days.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums
    Which battery script?

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Cool. Share some info on how you achieved this!

Sent from my XT910 using Android Central Forums

ROM
    Simplex Rom 1.3

I consistently see a 20 hour battery average, Now I am running a rom but when i was on stock (rooted) I was able to get 18+ out of it with normal usage.
    -Normal usage meaning wifi for 8ish hours of that, bluetooth and gps on all day, about an hour or two of screen time at 20% brightness and probably 30 mins of voice calls and 10-30 txts 10 emails, and an hour of local music (played over bluetooth)

I have seen a number of customers come in with battery woes since the ICS update. Every one of them I (begrudgingly) talked into doing a factory reset after the update and have seen none of them return.

Now if you have done this and your battery is still mysteriously draining throughout the day (more than 5% per hour without usage) check your reception, bad signal can kill your battery, and unfortunately the 4G devices "auto-program" so *228 won't work, my solution to this (worked on my friends GSIII) is to power down the device, remove the sim, power up the device without the sim, wait 30 seconds or so and power it down, re-insert sim and power back up, cross fingers... profit ^_^ (now this won't pull miracles out of a hat but it does seem to help re-establish tower priority and connection)

Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Schwermzilla; 10-23-2012 at 10:21 AM. Reason: format
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123